“Was ok”

Skyways Hotel
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Slough
“Was ok”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as a last minute decision after day at Royal Ascot. Surprised at room as it was a twin yet had a double for one of the two beds which was fab. Can't fault the room/bathroom for what we payed all very clean and tidy! Breakfast in morning was a basic English breakfast/toast/jam/cereals and orange juice. You could have tea and coffee too. However if can stomach tea instead of coffee opt for the tea! Coffee is made strong and not really hot enough but tea is absolutely fine (tip: if do need coffee just ask them too make it hot!). The only let down we experienced which I can't blame the hotel for is the lack of respect shown by a certain party of young guests that decided to be very loud at intervals through the night. One more thing parking is absolutely fine here...as ample space to the rear and front!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Softysofty1978

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Slough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

As of my arrival, i like the hotel. The staff is very friendly and it is a great place to stay, i am already 1 week here, the rooms are clean and every day it gets cleaned,if you need anything just ask the staff and they will help. The breakfast is also good and you don't wait long for it.

John

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank John V
Blackburn
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have never stayed in a dirtier hotel than this the room was filthy it had damp on the ceiling I didn't dare have a shower as it was also dirty I was greeted at reception by the most unfriendly person I have met hardly spoke a word until it was time to pay one nights stay was quite enough if I hadn't have been so tired on arrival I would have turned around and walked out this place is a dump don't waste your money staying here

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Matt M

Travellers are raving about these Slough hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed in this hotel and the floor in room makes alot of noise, the doors handles make alot of noise. The bathroom only has one towel. The lights in room not working. The person on reception very unfriendly. The rooms smell really damp.

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Rajesh0070
Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Walked in and was greeted by man in reception who looked very uninterested! Only good thing is that he carried my suitcase up the stairs) Got to the room with my 8 yr old son, walked in and was astonished that the room hadn,t been condemed! There was masive damp patched and hole in the ceiling plus the ceiling was bowing badly and the floor boards were rotten and sloping! It was like walking on sponge! My son was a bit scared and to be honest so was I!! Felt like we were going to go through the floor boards! Our room was next to the fire escape and metal stairs. Very noisy with the smoking area of the bar just below us which all the local youngsters were using! It was like the ghetto! My son looked out the window and saw a rat toutside the fire exit. There was no way I was going to eat breakfast there! Also for 2 days running they didnt put any spoons with the tea/coffee making facilities. No ironing stuff or hair dryer as described on the website! Walked out of room in morning to be hit with mass stench of stale fags, thats after the fire alarm woke us at 7am!!!! This place is unfit and should be condemed! Would strongly urge you not to stay here. Didnt feel safe in any way! Wish I had read reviews first!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Lorraine O
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014

wht u pay wht u get, its better dan few hotels i stayed in london, nice staffs in the reception he helped us to carry our baggage to the first floor..and variety of food in the breakfast..
we stayed 2 days and will come back soon skyways

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tonysL6107YB
Huddersfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I stay at the skyways because it's convenient for visiting my clients in Chertsey and Leatherhead. I slept well and enjoyed the spacious room. The decor and furniture is rather tired looking, but the room was clean and the breakfast satisfactory. I had limited interaction with staff, but those I spoke to were pleasant and helpful. Would I book here for a holiday? Probably not, but then who takes holidays in Slough!.

Room Tip: Room 108 is spacious with two sofas, a fridge, flat screen TV and en suite.