See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Stopped here for two night the room was dirty. Burn marks on the unit. Flooring all chipped. Curtain dirty and don't fit round the Windows. Ripped chair in room. Room cold. Needs decorating really bad. Would not recommend.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

Absolutely run down. Filthy walls, table's , reception, dining room table cloth wa not washed , my room had fith under the bed . And an empy condom packet. The carpets were thread bare the windows and frames were dirty. The public toilet was a health hazzard. And they could not find my booking. This is a third world venue Shocking!!!!!!!
Forgot to say curtains are rags.
And it is vey noisy with a rowdy fotball bar.
I urge all to avìod at all costs.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2018

This was an experience. If you want to experience some time-travel back to the 1970s, this is it. I'm guessing that it's family-run, and that some of the younger members (and some of the older members) aren't too happy at being involved. So we were met by a curt and surly reception, and went up to the room. The building has some impressive features, especially a large stained glass window on the stair landing. It was however almost entirely blocked by a giant floral arrangement.

The doors to the bedrooms had been added -probably in the 70s. The room was large, with a big sitting room, a bathroom and a large alcove for the double bed. The windows couldn't be opened, but there was a ceiling fan over the bed. The headboard had a radio set inset into it, something I hadn't seen since my youth.... back in the 70s. We had to do a bit of searching to find sockets to plug in the phone charger and laptop.

The massive wardrobe had most of its doors nailed shut. The sofa, when I went to lie down on it, stank of feet. When I got down on the melamine floor to do yoga exercises I discovered that it could be a lot cleaner.

We went to look for dinner in Slough and while I wouldn't go as far as Betjaman (Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough! / It isn’t fit for humans now, / There isn’t grass to graze a cow.) there is a dearth of decent restaurants. We went to a Caribbean place, which turned out to be a takeaway with a couple of tables - and the food was AMAZING. It was wonderful. Need a car to get there.

We went into the sports bar which is part of the hotel - probably renovated as such, in order to make some money, and it was fine. It seemed most of the people there were locals, and I was the only female present other than the two barmaids.

I'm guessing that they don't have the capital required to turn this into a lovely hotel. The buildings were probably built in the late 1800s/early 1900s - I'm guessing about 1920-1930. A sympathetic architect could do a lot with it.

The bed was comfortable, and we slept well. The breakfast was fine and the guy who served it was friendly.

So a bit of an eccentric hotel; it's not a 5-star, and you'd need to be tolerant. I have sympathy for the individual trying to run a hotel in competition with massive chains. It's not Fawlty Towers.... but not far off.

Don't set your expectations high, don't expect a chain hotel experience, take it as it is, bung them a few bob and hopefully they'll make a go of it. Once it's made over, it'll lose its peculiar charm.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2018

The reception area is shabby and does not look very clean. The laminate flooring in the corridors is turning up at the joins. In my room which was a double the bed was a four foot bed not a full size double,there was very little room to move around although the room itself was OK the bathroom was another matter,a mis-mash of colours, it looked as though a thorough clean would help, I had to hold the hot and cold tap to stop the whole thing turning around, he hot tap could not be turned off properly. The duvet cover contained a blanket instead of a duvet! The banister felt tacky and I did not want to touch it. Breakfast was served in the bar area and that left a lot to be desired. Myself and a friend who experienced the same problems only stayed one night. Would we go back again or recommend it definitely NO.

Room Tip: Apart from everything else that was wrong the rooms were quiet
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

I’m not even giving this place 1star! The only reason I did as wouldn’t let me submit until I did. Absolutely dreadful as you will see from the pictures. We only booked here as nothing else available. On arrival we were met with a rude man who had no interest whatsoever. The only plus point was the bathroom was clean, no mould etc. We arrived late with children that needed to sleep and that was the only reason we stayed. Sheets appeared clean but lay on our own towels. TV in room but could only get 2 channels at best. Ripped sofa right outside the room. Curtains coming off rail. Online says fan in room, but there wasn’t and when I asked for one he just looked blankly at me. We looked at breakfast but didn’t stay to eat it!! I would recommend you DONT stay here.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family