“Great thai takeaway/deliver”

Ranked #91 of 206 Restaurants in Slough
Price range: US$7 - US$23
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Thai Diamond Cuisine offers you the very best, authentic Thai cuisine served in a vibrant, yet relaxed pub. Based in the heart of Slough, The Rising Sun consistently delivers a menu built on the traditional strengths of Thai cuisine: the freshest ingredients, well balanced spices & sauces created by team of Thai chefs. Our chefs use the subtle layering of traditional Thai flavors to create classic cuisine of the highest caliber. With an excellent range of exquisite dishes from chef's specials to set menus the Rising Sun offers the perfect setting for lunch or dinner. The teams at The Rising Sun are committed to offering customers a wonderful dining experience with a taste of warm Thai hospitality.
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Very authentic thai food delivered or for pick up. Its really really good and I urge everyone to give it a go. The dishes are of a good size and the taste is lovely. Both my fiancé and I have had food from here now 3 or 4 times and it has been consistently good. Its very affordable and the menu has a good amount of dishes. Would like to see the menu expand just a little bit so I can try even more! If you want thai delivered to your door in the Slough or Windsor area, this is excellent!

1  Thank D S

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I was staying in Slough on Business and set my wife a challenge to find me a good restaurant in Slough. She found a few reviews of Thai Diamond Cuisine and told me to trust her. So I set off into Slough centre and found the The Rising Sun Pub. I have to say I was dubious walking in. The Rising Sun could be called a spit and saw dust pub. Each of the table has a plastic menu that didn't raise my expectations, but I trusted my wife, ordered a drink at the bar and sat down down.

An incredibly friendly waitress took my order of a starter and main course. And disappeared only to reappear a few minutes later with some of the best Thai food I've ever had. The presentation was flawless, the starter was really good and the main course a Tiger Prawn Red Thai Curry was really full of Prawns and tasted incredible and again the presentation was amazing, I couldn't believe I was eating food of this quality in a normal pub.

Finally the cost - Only £11.00 for both courses for one of the best meals I've had in a long time. I will be going back and I will be taking some of my colleagues and customers. I can only recommend if you like Thai food you try this place, you really won't be sorry.

4  Thank Maindip
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I came here on the strength of TripAdvisor reviews, most of which said the pub was nothing special, but the food was good.

I completely agree. In a town with pretty awful food, this place stands out. It was a Monday night who I came here, I was on a training course and didn't fancy the hotel food. The pub looked practically deserted, but the bar staff were very friendly.

A lovely Thai woman came up from the kitchen and talked me through the menu, and 15 minutes later brought me one of the nicest Thai meals I've ever had. So nice in fact that it was the first time I've had a restaurant box up what I couldn't eat and I finished it for breakfast the following morning.

I can't recommend this place highly enough. Please don't be put off by the pub's rather average appearance.

1  Thank skookumuk
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We went to this pub to check out the great reviews this Thai food had received.

What can I say.

Saturday evening 22.00 hot summers day ,3 customers in excluding my husband and myself. Loud bikers music blaring on the jukebox,the dirty carpet , hard cafe seats and badly chipped paintwork, testament to its popularity. We had to wait to be ignored by the young bar girl who was busy chatting to the 3 customers in, ( Its a short bar).We were finally served by the landlady who had been standing at the pub entrance.

The Thai food we ordered was lovely, the Thai cook and his wife went out of their way to clean the table surface, and had even asked the pub landlord to turn the music down, which resulted in it being turned up even louder!! My husband is partially deaf, but still found it too loud, talking to one another was a problem.

It appears the the food service is separate from the bar service. food service was excellent.

Food was lovely and the chef and his wife were delightful, and friendly.

Only the pub backdrop completely spoiled it.

Go there and order a take away.. Food is great - pub
Is horrible.

2  Thank maudie57
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We were not holding our breath when we were invited to this pub in Slough for a Thai meal.
The Rising Sun is an unpretentious 'neighbourhood' pub on a busy main road. There is no on-site parking but we found it easy to find a space in one of the side streets close by on Friday evening.
There is no special seating area for the Thai Diamond Cuisine in the Rising Sun, you have to find yourself a table in the bar.
There are no posh table decorations, clothes, or waiters hovering around to fill your glass ( you have to get your drinks from the bar), however what this restaurant lacks in those respects it makes up for in bucket loads with the quality, and quantity, of the food and the lovely Thai staff who welcome you and serve you.
The food was amongst the best Thai I have eaten, even in Thailand. The pub was surprisingly empty for a Friday evening, however apparently the Thai Diamond Cuisine has only been at the Rising Sun for a few months. If you want excellent Thai food, good portion sizes, reasonable prices, and to be served by smiling helpful staff I suggest you try the Thai Diamond before the word gets round!

ThaiDiamondCuisine, Owner at Thai Diamond Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

We are very very glad to see your feedback and compliment us.
We look forward to serving you at all time.
Many many many thanks !!!!!!
Wee&Ying