“First Impressions Count”
Review of Pinewood Hotel

Pinewood Hotel
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I recently stayed in this hotel with my husband and eight friends as we were on a trip to Ascot Races.
The staff make this hotel a good place to stay, however, the manager really should heed the saying 'you only get one chance to make a good first impression' To say he was brusque on our first meeting would be an understatement. Maybe he had already had a bad day by the time we arrived or somebody had really upset him,,,,either way surely he should be courteous and welcoming to all guests?
The staff as I said were more than helpful. One receptionist recommended a wonderful pub in Stoke Poges, The Red Lion, where we had a fabulous meal on our first night. I had booked our five rooms back in August 2013 through booking.com and two of them had evening meals included with the offer. When I asked if the other rooms were offering the same, as I booked them all together, the manager went mad telling me that this was a mistake and that the offer should have been removed. I argued that because I had it in writing for two rooms I expected him to honour this. He begrudgingly said he would "allow me two free meals as a gesture of goodwill" Again I pointed out that the offer was for four free meals. He obviously had to agree but wasn't pleased about it. After this I think he realised that we weren't impressed by his manner and,give him his due, from there on in he made sure that we were well looked after. Wouldn't it have been better to do this right from the start? We ate in the hotel on our second night and all ten meals were lovely. We had a specially reserved table and the men in the group were pleased to be sitting in a room where the England game was being shown rather than having to sit in the quieter restaurant. All in all the rooms were comfortable and we did enjoy our stay. The breakfasts were wonderful and once again nothing was too much trouble for the staff. They really do make this place. We would return and I would recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to visit the sights of Windsor or Legoland as its good value for money rather than paying over the odds to stay actually in Windsor.

Room Tip: There was a corner room with double aspect that was nice but really all the rooms I saw were fine. S...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed 27-28 June 2014 my wife and I stayed for a wedding at the Pinewood.On arrival staff were friendly and very efficient, we choose to eat in the restaurant that night food was very good and reasonably priced, our room was very comfortable and clean. Saturday Good choice of breakfasts .The wedding reception took place at the hotel and have to say the the staff pulled out all the stops to make it a success. All in all a very good two nights at this hotel would certainly use it again.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the grounds nicer view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is our third stay at this really great hotel.it is only a ten minute drive off of M 4'
Nothing is a problem for the very friendly staff.Want to leave your car whilst out of the country no problem.
Rooms are very fashionable and clean.
The restaurant has a very good menu,not the cheapest but very nice.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an airport hotel,the transfer to airport is by private taxi,and you are collected on your return.Can I say anymore.give them a try you will like me reurn.

Room Tip: All the rooms are much the same,.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed here for one night over this weekend and found staff to be very friendly and breakfast was very good hot and freshly prepared,room was not superb but was fairly clean,Shower was a joke really unless you want a cold shower that is,and we were quite amused by how housekeeping had left hoovers and linen out on the hallway for the whole time we were there,but as the title says you get what you pay for and for around £100 a night b&b near London is not bad but remember it does feel a bit like a upmarket travel lodge.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed for one night for a wedding. The room was very poor. We had no towels so phoned reception and the very helpful staff brought towels which were ripped and had a hole in it. Food quality was good at breakfast and room service was reasonably priced and good. Staff were friendly but rooms poor, shower pulsed hot and cold and in the evening ran out of hot water. Wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I truly enjoyed our wedding day on 1st June 2014. The garden is very beautiful and well maintained. The venue is close to the Black Park, allowing us access to another set of portraits with the background of a stunning lake and backdrop of flowers.

The staff is very friendly and the food is really good, with very generous portion. Last but not least, the wedding co-ordinator Jenny is amazing! She is very organised and accommodative to all our last minute changes. She came in to oversee the wedding arrangements on our wedding day even when she was ill! Needless to say, our wedding will not go smoothly without her.

All in all, our guests and us had a fantastic day. Compare to many other venues, this is a true gem. We highly recommend this to those who are seeking a venue for they wedding! Wan& Vincent

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife had our wedding at the pinewood on the 21st June 2014. It was a magnificent day with memories that will last forever. The grounds were great for the kids to run around to let off some steam & the adults could enjoy a drink in beautiful surroundings. The food was first class and the service of a good standard. Jenny and the staff looked after us for the entire duration. Great venue, so pleased with our choice - Karen & Stuart

Stayed: June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Stoke Place
Stoke Place
#2 of 2 in Stoke Poges
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Holiday Inn Express Slough
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa
The Spread Eagle Hotel

Been to Pinewood Hotel? Share your experiences!