“Ok for an evening stay”

Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Iver, United Kingdom
“Ok for an evening stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We booked this hotel on booking.com, we booked an executive room. We stayed in room 1, The room was of a nice size and the soundproofing really worked well, the hotel is on the side of an extremely busy road which we did not hear at all. In fact the evening we stayed, south England was experiencing quite a storm which both myself and partner slept through. The grounds are nice and quiet. We did not eat an evening meal at the hotel, so can not comment on the quality of the food, however the food areas all looked clean and tidy. The bathroom we had was not very good and sort of felt old and tatty, bits of plaster had become damp and had not received any attention. The ceiling had quite dirty looking marks above the shower area. The bed was very comfortable and we did have a good nights sleep. Breakfast was the usual buffet or choice of full English, not the best we have had, however good enough to start your day. Overall with the price of the room, wasn't too bad. My only comment would be is that the bathroom in room 1 really could do with some attention.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Blackpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stopped here for three nights as a base for LEGOLAND, and Thorpe Park -it was supposed to be Chessington world of adventures, but that's another story. The hotel is modern, very well presented, and prices were not unreasonable for the area. If it is that good why did I only rate it as very good? There seemed to be a lack of "staff attention to detail" whilst not the end of the world- I did feel robbed them of the "excellent" grade. We stayed for 3 nights, every day we had to ask for something for our room, the first night it was extra cups and milk -if the staff had set up a family room for 4 guests would 2 extra cups and some extra milk not make sense? day two had me popping over for coffee as it had not been replaced when the room was serviced, same again on our last day. Also the in room toiletries varied by day in some random cycle, although I'm sure if I had popped to reception I would have happily been given some. It was a similar story in breakfast, on the Saturday and Monday it was cooked to order, Sunday was a buffet breakfast possible because of the wedding party from the night before (no noise complaints other than the loud clunk made by the doors self shutting mechanisms) The items on the breakfast seemed to run out with regularity, but if asked they would re-appear, the staff were helpful but did not seem very well organised. food items out on one day would not be out the next, but appeared when asked for. We also believe there was some sort of damp problem, despite excellent air conditioning in our room, anything left on the floor near the outside wall felt damp when picked up.

Room Tip: room 9 was very nice, but suspected damp problem
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank spexmaniac
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My husband and I had a weekend here on 12th and 13th July. There was a wedding on but we had a room away from the celebrations. Out room was lovely, clean, soft white towels, welcome tray and very comfy. The staff couldn't have been better and looked after us really well. We asked for an extra pillow and it was brought straight away. Restaurant food was superb, breakfast on both days was lovely, and would recommend the Sunday roast too. We would really recommend this hotel and will definitely go back. The grounds are also beautiful to walk around.

Room Tip: I think a room overlooking the gardens would be best, but we had a downstairs room which was lovely...
stoke-on-trent
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed overnight as was going to pinewood studios,reception staff Were pleasant we were able check in before 3.oclock,room was clean ,only problem was view not of gardens but rust air conditioning which was abit noisily,only two pillows on bed and no breakfast tea on tray,didn't eat in restaurant felt it was expensive so went had nice meal down the road,water was very hot so Becareful ,breakfast was abit chaotic not sure what you had do reqarding toast as no one explained you do your own,table we were sat at was abit tight,had to ask for butter and jam as our table was missing these unlike other tables,full English was hot and very nice good selection on offer,for the price for two of us is good in that area,would stay again but not in that room

Room Tip: Do not have a room in the 20+ rooms on that floor overlook air conditioning unit which is bit noisy...
Halifax, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed here whilst away with work and found the welcome to be warm and genuine. A nice touch followed when my room was changed to be closer to my work colleague who was also staying at this hotel. Bar staff were friendly although Boddingtons on draught needed the correct nozzle to not appear flat as a pancake (as it did) although tasted fine! We did not dine for evening meal but breakfast had a good choice of options. It take a while for the cooked breakfast items to appear however but all in all I would be very happy to stay here again.
One final word of warning, the bath gets very slippy when using the shower. Warnings in place and mat provided but be warned!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
St Helens
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I recently stayed in this hotel with my husband and eight friends as we were on a trip to Ascot Races.
The staff make this hotel a good place to stay, however, the manager really should heed the saying 'you only get one chance to make a good first impression' To say he was brusque on our first meeting would be an understatement. Maybe he had already had a bad day by the time we arrived or somebody had really upset him,,,,either way surely he should be courteous and welcoming to all guests?
The staff as I said were more than helpful. One receptionist recommended a wonderful pub in Stoke Poges, The Red Lion, where we had a fabulous meal on our first night. I had booked our five rooms back in August 2013 through booking.com and two of them had evening meals included with the offer. When I asked if the other rooms were offering the same, as I booked them all together, the manager went mad telling me that this was a mistake and that the offer should have been removed. I argued that because I had it in writing for two rooms I expected him to honour this. He begrudgingly said he would "allow me two free meals as a gesture of goodwill" Again I pointed out that the offer was for four free meals. He obviously had to agree but wasn't pleased about it. After this I think he realised that we weren't impressed by his manner and,give him his due, from there on in he made sure that we were well looked after. Wouldn't it have been better to do this right from the start? We ate in the hotel on our second night and all ten meals were lovely. We had a specially reserved table and the men in the group were pleased to be sitting in a room where the England game was being shown rather than having to sit in the quieter restaurant. All in all the rooms were comfortable and we did enjoy our stay. The breakfasts were wonderful and once again nothing was too much trouble for the staff. They really do make this place. We would return and I would recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to visit the sights of Windsor or Legoland as its good value for money rather than paying over the odds to stay actually in Windsor.

Room Tip: There was a corner room with double aspect that was nice but really all the rooms I saw were fine. S...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed 27-28 June 2014 my wife and I stayed for a wedding at the Pinewood.On arrival staff were friendly and very efficient, we choose to eat in the restaurant that night food was very good and reasonably priced, our room was very comfortable and clean. Saturday Good choice of breakfasts .The wedding reception took place at the hotel and have to say the the staff pulled out all the stops to make it a success. All in all a very good two nights at this hotel would certainly use it again.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the grounds nicer view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Stoke Place
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Burnham Beeches Hotel
Burnham Beeches Hotel
#2 of 3 in Burnham

Been to Pinewood Hotel? Share your experiences!