“Good place to stay”

Holiday Inn Express Slough
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I stay here often and the staff are fantastic, always friendly and helpful. The hotel is clean, well kept and comfortable. As previous reviews have mentioned car parking can be difficult if you arrive late on a busy weekday but hey, it’s free! The hotel is very close to the station which makes it useful if you want a quick and easy way to get to London (20 mins to Paddington) or enjoy the bars and restaurants in Windsor and Eton (6 mins to Windsor), although rooms overlooking the railway line are a little noisier than those on the other side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for an odd numbered room if you're not into train spotting.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Graham L
LauraEggleton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor, we value your feedback. It is great to see such fantastic comments in relation to the staff- I believe that second to our guests they are the hotels greatest asset.

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

Very pleasant staff. Very clean hotel. Breakfast good except when busy, but staff were very helpful and friendly. The best holiday inn we have stayed at. Great location, very convenient for sightseeing. Tesco is very handy!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor- we value your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

I am a frequent hotel user as my job covers the whole country. This hotel puts very many so called higher rated establishments in the shade. It doesn't pretend to be anything it's not. It's clean, modern and an excellent hub from which to travel into London or Windsor.The staff were welcoming and provided 1st class service. Excellent food and bar service with Sky sports. Parking was not a problem on my visit but spaces do look limited so perhaps ring ahead if you're going to arrive late? The surrounding area is currently under developement but i would have thought more up and coming than down beat. Much better then many tired fully fledge Holiday Inns, definately the best Express I've stayed in.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for posting such a refreshing review on Tripadvisor, it was a pleasure to read. As a regular guest, we really do value your feedback to ensure we are delivering on the expectations our guests expect & deserve.

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

stayed a couple of times whilst on business trips the hotel is ok its near train station so easily commute to London or Windsor but parking is a nightmare.
Staff are friendly rooms are ok but some rooms overlook train station and can be noisy.

Room Tip: Ask for one that doesnt overlook train station
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
LauraEggleton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Tripadvisor, we really value your feedback. Its great to hear you were able to take advantage of our great location next to the station to get to London and Windsor.
Please feel free to request a front facing bedroom on your next visit and we will be delighted to accommodate this request.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

It's a Holiday Inn Express, so it's no frills and just somewhere to get your head down for the night.

Staff were friendly enough and the service was as expected. Room was clean and suitably equipped, the bed was comfortable. Terrible nights sleep due to a faulty air con unit.

Major issue is the location. Rough end of Slough and its plonked in between a block of apartments, a building site and the Slough version of Baghdad central. Terrible parking facilities meant having to park on the road outside which made me feel grateful to see it the following morning.

For £97 a night I expect better and won't be staying again

• Stayed: April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Tripadvisor, we value your feedback to help us enhance the service we are delivering.
I was delighted to see we delivered on your expectations of the Express brand and the staff were friendly.
I appreciate the external areas of the hotel are of somewhat an eyesore at the moment with the building works going on next door however I am confident that when these building works are complete the area will be more pleasing on the eye. The area will the boast shops and restaurants and will be an asset to the area.
I do hope you will reconsider and come and stay with us again in the near future.

With very best wishes,

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Provided cot and adjoining rooms , crowded at breakfast but efficient service kept supplies intact, helpful reception staff, always greeted with a smile, assisted with train times, cinemas, we were so delighted that revisited within 2 weeks.

Room Tip: Arrive early for car parking space
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for posting such wonderful comments on Tripadvisor, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 21 April 2012

Arrived at 7 to find that there is very little parking, and after a hard day at work and a long early morning drive I was directed to park at the station " two minutes walk" I was told. Maybe for a young fit receptionist but not for a 50 something with a case , computer case handbag and high heels, especially when the whole area is being rebuilt and full of rubble and it is sleeting as one tries to navigate the dark back streets. A workman had kindly directed me to the station car park, after advising me to be very careful in the area as he wouldn't want to leave his car there overnight. At least he was concerned, the hotel wasn't. I was even considering driving home to Herefordshire to avoid this nightmare. I immediately cancelled my second nights booking, and what a good decision that turned out to be. The staff are very pleasant, the hotel is unremittingly dull dark brown, shabby and scruffy. I had to eat there due to the sleet and not wanting to brave the walk. Awful. £8.95 for poor quality obviously frozen fish and chips, much of the menu was unavailable. The restaurant like a cafe. Breakfast dreadful, I had 3 cold croissants and a cup of tea, the water doesn't reach boiling point so awful too. So after a horrible experience, a night in an uncomfortable bed worrying about my car I checked out at 7 am. Stayed in a beautiful country house hotel the second night where everything was perfect including a free upgrade to a junior suite, all for £14 more than the holiday inn, which was £ 111, absolutely not justifiable and terrible value for money in every way

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Zeematch

Thank you for letting us know of the experience you had with us recently, we use your feedback to ever improve the service we are offering.
I was extremely disappointed to read your comments. I do apologise if the staff were misleading when directing you to the alternative car park and I have raised this point with the reception team to ensure we are giving greater detail on the distance to the over flow. I am delighted to advise that Slough station have now re-opened spaces directly for our guests to use- these spaces can be seen from the hotel main door and are a stone throw from the entrance which is great news for our guests arriving later.
Please be assured all of your comments have been investigated and resolved where necessary.
Should you wish to reconsider and come and stay with us again, please do contact me and I will be delighted to book you in.

Kind Regards.