“Wow these people are great”

Holiday Inn Express Slough
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I spent a long day driving around England and arrived at 10:30 pm. I was met by Aaron, Natasha and Ana. They just made my day. I was tired and they were very friendly, helpful and did whatever was needed to make me feel at home. I really needed that.
The next morning the breakfast was great. The food was hot, plenty of it and everyone around seemed to be enjoying it as much as I.
The room was well appointed and spotless. The water was hot and just what anyone needs after a long day.
Keep up the good work folks, that;s what makes Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Get there early for a good parking space
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank John G
Jade M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear John, thank you for sharing such a fantastic review with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Slough.
I am very pleased to learn that you found the team ‘great’ in particular Aaron, Natasha and Ana. They truly are amazing and great assets to our company, I will be sure to share your feedback with them!
Once again thank you for your comments and we will look forward to welcoming you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Slough

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Good location to Heathrow airport for an over night stay, the was a basic breakfast which was fine. Short walk to station & few minutes walk to town.
The place was tidy & clean, staff where friendly. Room was small but comfortable.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Emily, thank you for taking the time to share your valued feedback with us.
As you have mentioned we are ideally located in central Slough, adjacent to Slough's train station with direct links into central London.
I am very pleased to hear that you found our facilities comfortable and the team friendly.
We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Ok, so this hotel is located at the back of Slough station. Not even a minute walk. Very convenient for the commuter.
Did an over the phone booking DIRECT with the hotel. Was told that the room was booked and we are welcome to check in anytime before midnight. When we got there, we were accused of not having a booking and were told that no such booking was made. 'The assistant general manager was on shift in the afternoon and she can't make mistakes' was what we were told by the cheeky guy on reception that night. I phoned my bank to check transactions and also showed him my call and duration but he never believed me. Instead he just said he will book us a room anyway because he has plenty of rooms available.
The next day when checking out we were told by a different receptionist that we had 2 bookings for the previous night. We called upon the general manager to clear this and ensure we do not get charged twice. So basically, we were treated awfully by the guy working on reception on the night of 16th November. We were not given any goodwill gesture or anything to compensate for the embarrassment caused the night before whilst others were watching.
Moving on to the positive things- there was free wifi and the breakfast was included as part of the hotel booking. Hot food was sausages, scrambled eggs and beans. There was toast, croissants and buns that could be toasted. There were a variety of fruits, hot drinks and orange juice, apple juice but the best was the forest fruits juice.
The room was tidy and in a clean condition although the lift had a tray with leftover food dumped on the floor. Perhaps the cleaners need to check corridors and lefts in the evenings too.
Overall an average experience with customer service spoiling the stay.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jade M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to share your review with us, we value your feedback to help enhance the service we are offering.
Firstly I am extremely disappointed to learn that you experienced some concerns with regards to your booking. Having investigated this with the team please be assured that this will not repeat and I would like to take the opportunity to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.
It is positive to note that after the confusion you preceded to enjoy our facilities including the free Wi-Fi and our free breakfast offering the following morning.
If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me via gm@hiexslough.co.uk
Once again thank you for your comments and I hope to welcome you back to us in the near future.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

I stopped in this hotel for 1 night having stopped the previous 2 nights in the Marriott down the road (there was no availability for the 3rd night).

Considering the price of the room was £15 cheaper than the Marriott, the 2 hotels were poles apart.

Whilst there wasn't anything wrong with this hotel, I found it not to represent good value for money.

The bed was ok - nothing special. The room was clean but very noisy as overlooking Slough train station.

Car parking isn't proportionate to the number of guest rooms. The hotel is situated in a high-density residential area so many guests were having to park in the residential area away from the hotel.

Breakfast left nothing to be desired. A warming cabinet filled with cheap sausages, bacon and beans and then another section for toast and pastries. I didn't enjoy what I had.

Wouldn't stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013
Jade M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for sharing your review with us, we value your feedback to help enhance the service we are offering.
Firstly I am pleased to hear that you decided to try our hotel and that you found our facilities clean. Whist you felt that we were slightly expensive, please be assured that we do price ourselves relative to the local market.
As you have mentioned we do have limited parking spaces available, however the adjacent train station does offer overnight parking and with a small fee our valued guests are able to take advantage of this.
I am disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy the free breakfast offering available, please be assured that all items are prepared fresh onsite on a daily basis.
Once again thank you for your review.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Stayed over here for a night while on a course nearby, and was happy with my choice. The room was nice, the staff were friendly, and its location right by the northern entrance to Slough station is really convenient. The breakfast is fairly basic, but does the job whether you are looking for hot food, croissants or cereal. A good spot for a night.

Room Tip: A high floor is worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing this great review with us!
We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Friendly staff and nice clean spacious rooms. Unfortunately good points stop there. The staff didn't really seem interested in doing the anything but the bare essentials so don't expect anything more than a friendly smile and being able to book out/in. On site parking is limited, but more than adequate considering the location.

One thing I must say is the food is awful, it is clear that some of the food is being reheated in a microwave. Avoid chicken dishes as the chicken is very poorly prepared. I stopped eating here mid week.

A nice hotel and enjoyable experience with the exception of the food.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the train station are preferable for a good nights sleep as trains do run throughout...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Jade M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Firstly I am pleased to hear that you found the team friendly and our bedroom facilities clean and spacious.
I have noted your comments regarding the food offering we currently serve and whilst it is disappointing to learn that you were dissatisfied, please be assured that we do freshly prepare all meals onsite.
For future bookings we us you may also be pleased to know that we have since introduced our new winter menu.
Once again thank you for your valued feedback and we will look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We recently stayed here for 2 nights with 2 children. It was superb. There was plenty of parking the welcome was outstanding and Aaron was really good with the children. Our room was clean and of a good standard, plenty of towels and surprisingly quiet! Breakfast was also really good. Plenty of choice and good coffee. We will 100% stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing such a fabulous review with us!
It is always such a pleasure to receive such great feedback and I will be sure to share this with the team, in particular Aaron who truly is fantastic!
We look forward to seeing you again.

Jade Matten

Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Holiday Inn Express London - Heathrow T5
Travelodge Slough
Travelodge Slough
#5 of 21 in Slough
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Windsor

Been to Holiday Inn Express Slough? Share your experiences!