Holiday Inn Express Slough
  • Bar/Lounge
Baylis House(Slough)
  • Breakfast included
1,134 results
All reviewstrain stationbeansarrive earlythe breakfast areafree breakfastlondon paddingtonsofa bedcar parkingsat navbooked this hotelhigh streetlego landbudget hotelhot foodfamily roomideal locationyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We required a cheap room for one night, not too far from Heathrow at Christmas time. The room was modern, had free wifi and was very clean. Friendly, helpful staff. Close to rail station and Tescos.
You will read lots of reviews complaining about the breakfast, I find it surprising that people expect a 5 star breakfast from a 3 star hotel. This was the cheapest Hotel on our stay and in my opinion the breakfast, be it basic, was a bonus.
Only negative was our room had a locked door connecting to another room. The people in the room beside us were quite noisy and can be heard loud and clear through the door - I forgot to take ear plugs.

Room Tip: Not sure if they offer this but ask for a room that does not have a connecting door to another room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Jade M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Kate & Steve, thank you for sharing your great feedback with us.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us over the festive period and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I have been staying here for the past few weeks on business. When arriving to slough I wasn't expecting much. When I arrived at the hotel first Impressions where good then I met Aaron and Ana on reception who are an absolute asset to the hotel, they are forever going beyond the call of duty to ensure guest satisfaction. The whole Team are always Polite especially Natasha who always delivers first class service.
I also find sana excellent and nothing is every too much.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone on business or with their family. Location GREAT! Staff EXCELLENT!! Overall a Great Place to stay and a Home from Home!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Dan, thank you for taking the time to share your great feedback with us.
I am very pleased to read that as a long stay guest here at the Holiday Inn Express Slough, you have consistently enjoyed our facilities whilst being away from home.
As you have mentioned the team truly are fantastic and I will be sure to share your kind comments with them all.
Once again thank you for your review and we will look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I visited this hotel in Dec'13 for 15 days business visit. Though I am not new to IHG group of hotels somehow I did not like this hotel. The only plus point is it is near to Slough rail station, bus station and you have many shopping malls around including Tesco, Primark etc.

The breakfast was not that good since same breakfast was served daily. The room was okay but it was lacking on many things like they are not having plugs near bed for mobile/laptop charging, heater is not powerful etc.

Hotel service was okay but I really did not enjoy my stay. It is good for short stay and certainly not for more than 3-4 days stay.

Room Tip: Good for short stay
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Jade M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for sharing your comments with us, we value your feedback to help enhance the service we are offering.
Firstly I am pleased to hear that our central Slough location with direct 20minute links into London met with your requirements.
With regards to breakfast I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with our current offering. As we are an Express property to fit within our brand requirements we do offer a free express start breakfast to all of our valued guests, consisting of three hot items, along with natural yogurts, fruit and a selection of freshly baked pastries. Whilst I fully appreciate that this may have become repetitive during your 15 night stay with us, unfortunately as you may understand this is simply beyond our control.
I have noted your comments regarding our bedroom facilities and please be assured that I will be investigating them further.
Once again thank you for you valued review and we do hope to welcome you back soon.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Stayed here after attending a show in London.I found the room very comfortable and despite proximity to the railway station had a restful night.There were 4 coaches including mine stopping on the night I was there.I made sure that I was down to breakfast early and thus avoided the "breakfast hell" another reviewer has described.Having being told by my Tour Company to expect a "continental breakfast" I was pleasantly surprised to find freshly cooked items which I could not fault.All in all a pleasant stay and I would not hesitate yo use Holiday Inn Express again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear Micky, thank you for taking the time to share your great feedback with us!
I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Slough and we will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We booked this hotel for a night before flying to the USA on 25/12/2013. We did use IHG points to book and it was about 15,000. We like these hotels because they give you a great free breakfast and are family orientated.

What I liked
Free parking
Very good selection of hot and cold food for breakfast
Very clean
Family orientated (they actually gave us 4 cups and glasses in the room rather than the standard 2….this is often something which annoys me so well done Holiday Inn Express)
Big shopping centre a 10 minute walk away with restaurants, cinema and supermarkets (great for last minute things you have forgotten)
Polite and knowledgable staff

What I didn't like
The directions were difficult to follow - it took us a few attempts to find it and it is stashed behind the rail station
Train noise was a little difficult to deal with - it was right underneath the windows
Vending machines in the lobby were unnecessarily expensive

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for one away from the train noise
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Jade M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for sharing your great feedback with us.
I am very pleased to hear that as a valued IHG Rewards Member you enjoyed your recent trip here at the Holiday Inn Express Slough and that our facilities and offerings met with your requirements, including our free start breakfast.
Please be assured that I have noted your comments regarding local signage and that I will be investigating this further. For future reservations with us, please do not hesitate to request your preferred room location as our team will happily assist.
Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.