“nice staff”

Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“nice staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

Nice helpful Staff television wasnt working and it was alll sorted by Staff there were two leads missing but all done and sorted its not far from the station if coming from London side a little walk fom Bus Station handy if dont want to pay loads to stay in London. Slough has regular transport to Hounslow, High Wycombe and Heathrow also Uxbridge are reachable. May stay here again soon.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Jade M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Clive, thank you for sharing your feedback with us.
I am very pleased to learn that whilst you did experience initial concerns with regards to your TV, the team on duty managed to resolve the fault.
As you have mentioned the team truly are great and I will be sure to share your comments with them.
Once again thank you for your review and we will look forward to seeing you again soon.
Jade Matten

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Stayed here in December and then in jan 2014.
The staff and the hotel are excellent but one side faces the railway, so is noisey. I was lucky I got the car park side both times.
I had a room on a middle floor which was good and not to noisey. The room on the top floor must have been under the plant room which whirred and clunked most of the night so not great.
Car park is pretty small and limited opportunities for other places to park nearby.
Still really handy for train to London, the Slough business area and town centre.
Overall I would stay there again

Room Tip: Get a room away from the railway side and not on top floor
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest, thank you for sharing your valued feedback with us.
Firstly I was very pleased to read that you found our team excellent and our central Slough location perfect for your requirements.
As you have mentioned we do have free onsite car parking for our valued guests, however this does operate on a first come first serve basis. For those guests who are unable to locate a space, there is in fact overnight parking in the adjacent train station car park for just a small fee.
It is most unfortunate that you experienced some noise complaints during your second stay with us and I would like to take this opportunity to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. For future reservations with us please do not hesitate to inform a member of our team with regards to any concerns you may have, as we would welcome the opportunity to resolve these before your departure.
Once again thank you for your valued comments and we will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Westgate-on-Sea, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Slough for work for a couple of nights and I have to say that it wasn't one of the best stays I've had. While it was advised there wasn't much parking, I didn't expect there to only be a handful of spaces. While I was lucky to get a space, if you are unlucky and miss out you'll be parked in the station.

The room wasn't overly clean but I'm sure if I'd mentioned something at the time something would've been done but obviously you'd expect everything to be to ready for you. There was also a strange smell in the hallway on the second floor which was unpleasant.

I agree with some of the comments left by other reviewers that there weren't enough plugs near beds but there are plugs to charge smartphones / tablets / etc.

For the negatives, there are a few positives to the hotel. The staff on reception were very helpful and friendly. I also found the wi-fi to a good standard and considering it is free, it is a nice added perk.

If you are looking for somewhere to just put your head down for a night if you're in the Slough area for business, this may be a viable option but when you consider the lack of parking, the heavy traffic leaving the hotel during rush hour and some of the experiences mentioned previously in this review, I'd maybe look for somewhere else to stay in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Jade M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Stuart, thank you for sharing your feedback with us, we value your comments to help enhance the service we are offering.
Firstly I am pleased to read that you were able to take advantage of our free Wi-IF offering and that you found the team on duty both helpful and friendly.
As you have rightly mentioned we do offer free onsite parking to our guests, however with 26 spaces this does operate on a first come first serve basis. To help aid our guests there is in fact overnight parking directly adjacent to the hotel in Slough Train Station and for a small fee our valued guests are able to take advantage of this.
I am disappointed to hear that the room cleanliness did not meet your expectations, however if I could kindly request that you contact me directly in order for me to investigate this further I would be most grateful – gm@hiexslough.co.uk
As you may appreciate our guests satisfaction is very import to all of us here as a team and whilst you were disappointed on this occasion, I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Kind Regards,
Jade Matten

Travellers are raving about these Slough hotels

Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

My first visit to this hotel and since I was impressed so much it really deserves a good review. Staff were very helpful and I felt as though I was a valued customer. The room was comfortable and really nice, clean and everything worked! This hotel is a minute walk to Slough train station which is perfect for visiting central London. I was really pleased that I could barely here the trains from my room so I slept well. Breakfast bar was well stocked and constantly attended kitchen staff when i was eating. I really like the breakfast selection you get with HI express as its included in the price of the room and all I need to start the day. The cherry on the cake for me is the free parking, which saved me at least £20 on my stay. I will be staying here again!

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Stuart, thank you for sharing this fantastic feedback with us.
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your recent stay and found our central Slough location perfect for requirements.
It really is a pleasure to receive such great feedback and I will be sure to share this with the rest of the team.
We will look forward to seeing you again soon.
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

We required a cheap room for one night, not too far from Heathrow at Christmas time. The room was modern, had free wifi and was very clean. Friendly, helpful staff. Close to rail station and Tescos.
You will read lots of reviews complaining about the breakfast, I find it surprising that people expect a 5 star breakfast from a 3 star hotel. This was the cheapest Hotel on our stay and in my opinion the breakfast, be it basic, was a bonus.
Only negative was our room had a locked door connecting to another room. The people in the room beside us were quite noisy and can be heard loud and clear through the door - I forgot to take ear plugs.

Room Tip: Not sure if they offer this but ask for a room that does not have a connecting door to another room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Kate & Steve, thank you for sharing your great feedback with us.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us over the festive period and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Aberdare, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

I have been staying here for the past few weeks on business. When arriving to slough I wasn't expecting much. When I arrived at the hotel first Impressions where good then I met Aaron and Ana on reception who are an absolute asset to the hotel, they are forever going beyond the call of duty to ensure guest satisfaction. The whole Team are always Polite especially Natasha who always delivers first class service.
I also find sana excellent and nothing is every too much.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone on business or with their family. Location GREAT! Staff EXCELLENT!! Overall a Great Place to stay and a Home from Home!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Dan, thank you for taking the time to share your great feedback with us.
I am very pleased to read that as a long stay guest here at the Holiday Inn Express Slough, you have consistently enjoyed our facilities whilst being away from home.
As you have mentioned the team truly are fantastic and I will be sure to share your kind comments with them all.
Once again thank you for your review and we will look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Pune, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

I visited this hotel in Dec'13 for 15 days business visit. Though I am not new to IHG group of hotels somehow I did not like this hotel. The only plus point is it is near to Slough rail station, bus station and you have many shopping malls around including Tesco, Primark etc.

The breakfast was not that good since same breakfast was served daily. The room was okay but it was lacking on many things like they are not having plugs near bed for mobile/laptop charging, heater is not powerful etc.

Hotel service was okay but I really did not enjoy my stay. It is good for short stay and certainly not for more than 3-4 days stay.

Room Tip: Good for short stay
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Jade M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for sharing your comments with us, we value your feedback to help enhance the service we are offering.
Firstly I am pleased to hear that our central Slough location with direct 20minute links into London met with your requirements.
With regards to breakfast I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with our current offering. As we are an Express property to fit within our brand requirements we do offer a free express start breakfast to all of our valued guests, consisting of three hot items, along with natural yogurts, fruit and a selection of freshly baked pastries. Whilst I fully appreciate that this may have become repetitive during your 15 night stay with us, unfortunately as you may understand this is simply beyond our control.
I have noted your comments regarding our bedroom facilities and please be assured that I will be investigating them further.
Once again thank you for you valued review and we do hope to welcome you back soon.
Kind Regards,
Jade Matten
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Premier Inn Slough Hotel
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Holiday Inn Express London - Heathrow T5
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Windsor

Been to Holiday Inn Express Slough? Share your experiences!