“Very Average”

Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Brussels, Belgium
“Very Average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

The price is ok, they have decent wifi and free breakfast. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is also very nice. However, the upkeep is not that great. The handle bars inside the elevators are broken; on one they were hanging and the other one taped up with black tape. The TVs dont work well; every time I turned the TV on I had to call reception to send someone to fix it.
Even though the hotel is located next to the Slough train station there are no places to eat/grab a drink around (walking distance). This is especially bad since they dont serve lunch. The dinner service is pretty much things they take off the freezer to the fryer/oven.
If you need to stay for a night then its ok. If you plan to stay multiple nights I would look for another place. The hotel is not up to par to other HI Express I've stayed at.

Room Tip: Ask the rooms facing away from the train tracks!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SebastianDelgado
Jade M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Sebastian,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, we valued your comments to help enhance the service we are offering.
Firstly I am very pleased to hear that you found our team nice and you were able to take full advantage of both our free breakfast and free Wi-Fi offerings.

With regards to your comments relating to the upkeep of the hotel, please be fully assured that the overall appearance of our property is very important to me and the rest of the team and as a result processes are in place to ensure that any works required are completed as soon as possible. However as you may appreciate some things do simply take time, for example the customised lift rails that were unfortunately damaged are currently on order.

It is disappointing to note that you did experience concerns regarding your TV and I do apologise for any inconvenience caused. To aid me in my investigation can I kindly request that you contact me directly via gm@hiexslough.co.uk

I can fully appreciate your comments regarding the local dinning offerings, however for future booking with us there is in fact a direct train line to Windsor and in just 6 minutes our guests are able to take full advantage of this beautiful town and its offerings.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and I will look forward to hearing from you soon.

Jade Matten

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed Sunday night having pre booked at very god rate. Had no trouble parking staff. Very helpful staff, room very clean with enough towels for four of us which is rare in budget hotels. Room very clean and well maintained. Had food and drink in hotel which was okay and again staff were very helpful and pleasant. Breakfast good as always and especially we'll stocked. Free wifi was very good. Hotel is ideal for railway station and well situated for road travel. Would recommend and intend to use again in the future

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Jade M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for sharing such a great review with us!
I am very pleased to hear that you found our team helpful. Second to our valued guests I have always considered the team to be the hotels greatest asset and I will be sure to pass over your kind comments to them all.
It is also great to read that you enjoyed our free Express start breakfast and that you were able to take advantage of our free Wi-Fi offering.
Once again thank you for your feedback and we will look forward to seeing you again soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

More than comfortable enough; staff are extremely friendly and very helpful. The rooms are clean and the free wifi is a major bonus; a good selection for the buffet breakfast. Parking is a bit of an issue as only enough parking for 26 cars; so ideally need to get there early.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jade M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Gus, thank you for sharing your great review with us!
We will look forward to seeing you again soon.
Bideford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

The hotel itself is exactly what you express from the HIE chain. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and on this occasion the staff member at check in was exceptionally polite and caring. Breakfast was standard for HIE, not particularly good, but just adequate.

Parking, however, really lets this place down. They say they have just 26 spaces which are free. When these are full, guests either park everywhere (I mean everywhere, every spare piece of pavement was taken), or go into the Slough railway station car parks. We had resigned ourselves to this as we weren't arriving until 9pm, and looking at the Apoca web site expected to pay around £4 overnight. However, the receiption staff pointed out that the station car parks run on a midnight to midnight basis, so an overnight stay is charged at 2 full days. This really isn't acceptable, and the hotel should make an arrangement with the car park operator to avoid this rip off. Many other HIE hotels have arrangements with local car parks for the benefit of their guests, I think this one should as well.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room when booking, and on check in were told as we were Priority Club members w...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravellingBowler
Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to share your valued feedback with us.
Firstly I was very pleased to read that you found our team both exceptionally polite and caring, I will be sure to share your great feedback with them.
As you have mentioned we do offer free onsite car parking, however with 26 spaces available this does operate on a first come first serve basis.
For those guests that are unable to locate a space, as you have mentioned there is overnight parking available in the adjacent train station, which is in fact chargeable (as detailed on our website) at a rate of £13.50.
Please be assured that we as a team have investigated alternate local car parking options, however as you may appreciate due to Slough being very densely populated the next available parking site is some distance away. Therefore the most suitable arrangements have been the adjacent car park. Whilst I appreciate the inconvenience with regards to the overnight charge, please be assured that this cost is in fact in line with all of our local competitors, who often charge up to £10 per day.
Once again thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to welcome you back to us in the near future.
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

Nice helpful Staff television wasnt working and it was alll sorted by Staff there were two leads missing but all done and sorted its not far from the station if coming from London side a little walk fom Bus Station handy if dont want to pay loads to stay in London. Slough has regular transport to Hounslow, High Wycombe and Heathrow also Uxbridge are reachable. May stay here again soon.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Clive, thank you for sharing your feedback with us.
I am very pleased to learn that whilst you did experience initial concerns with regards to your TV, the team on duty managed to resolve the fault.
As you have mentioned the team truly are great and I will be sure to share your comments with them.
Once again thank you for your review and we will look forward to seeing you again soon.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Stayed here in December and then in jan 2014.
The staff and the hotel are excellent but one side faces the railway, so is noisey. I was lucky I got the car park side both times.
I had a room on a middle floor which was good and not to noisey. The room on the top floor must have been under the plant room which whirred and clunked most of the night so not great.
Car park is pretty small and limited opportunities for other places to park nearby.
Still really handy for train to London, the Slough business area and town centre.
Overall I would stay there again

Room Tip: Get a room away from the railway side and not on top floor
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest, thank you for sharing your valued feedback with us.
Firstly I was very pleased to read that you found our team excellent and our central Slough location perfect for your requirements.
As you have mentioned we do have free onsite car parking for our valued guests, however this does operate on a first come first serve basis. For those guests who are unable to locate a space, there is in fact overnight parking in the adjacent train station car park for just a small fee.
It is most unfortunate that you experienced some noise complaints during your second stay with us and I would like to take this opportunity to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. For future reservations with us please do not hesitate to inform a member of our team with regards to any concerns you may have, as we would welcome the opportunity to resolve these before your departure.
Once again thank you for your valued comments and we will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Westgate-on-Sea, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Slough for work for a couple of nights and I have to say that it wasn't one of the best stays I've had. While it was advised there wasn't much parking, I didn't expect there to only be a handful of spaces. While I was lucky to get a space, if you are unlucky and miss out you'll be parked in the station.

The room wasn't overly clean but I'm sure if I'd mentioned something at the time something would've been done but obviously you'd expect everything to be to ready for you. There was also a strange smell in the hallway on the second floor which was unpleasant.

I agree with some of the comments left by other reviewers that there weren't enough plugs near beds but there are plugs to charge smartphones / tablets / etc.

For the negatives, there are a few positives to the hotel. The staff on reception were very helpful and friendly. I also found the wi-fi to a good standard and considering it is free, it is a nice added perk.

If you are looking for somewhere to just put your head down for a night if you're in the Slough area for business, this may be a viable option but when you consider the lack of parking, the heavy traffic leaving the hotel during rush hour and some of the experiences mentioned previously in this review, I'd maybe look for somewhere else to stay in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Jade M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Stuart, thank you for sharing your feedback with us, we value your comments to help enhance the service we are offering.
Firstly I am pleased to read that you were able to take advantage of our free Wi-IF offering and that you found the team on duty both helpful and friendly.
As you have rightly mentioned we do offer free onsite parking to our guests, however with 26 spaces this does operate on a first come first serve basis. To help aid our guests there is in fact overnight parking directly adjacent to the hotel in Slough Train Station and for a small fee our valued guests are able to take advantage of this.
I am disappointed to hear that the room cleanliness did not meet your expectations, however if I could kindly request that you contact me directly in order for me to investigate this further I would be most grateful – gm@hiexslough.co.uk
As you may appreciate our guests satisfaction is very import to all of us here as a team and whilst you were disappointed on this occasion, I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Jade Matten

Travellers are raving about these Slough hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Premier Inn Slough Hotel
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Holiday Inn Express London - Heathrow T5
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Windsor

Been to Holiday Inn Express Slough? Share your experiences!