“Good value and cheerful”

Holiday Inn Express Slough
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Good value and cheerful”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The hotel is in a good location, only a 5 to 10 minutes of drive from the train station. The rooms are spacious and pleasantly decorated. I would recommend it to families looking for good value.Look out for deals in their family rooms from sites such as booking.com.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jade M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Hi Sam, thank you for sharing your great review with us.

I am very pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Slough.
We will look forward to seeing you all again soon - always remember to book direct to receive the best rates available.

Jade

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

This is an excellent hotel food staff cleanliness location, a perfect overnight stay and I will definitely use it again ! If all hotels were run to this standard I would use them more often ! Superb !! Considering it's situated between the M4 M25 and heathrow airport it's one of the quietest hotels I've been in !

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karl B
Jade M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Karl, thank you for sharing your 5* review with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Slough.

We will look forward to seeing you again soon.

Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I've stayed here a number of times and can't say it's through choice. I only stay here when there's no where else in the area to stay.

Where do I start...
On a number of occasions I've had encounters with unpleasant people outside the hotel, although the hotel can't do much about the people that walk through the hotel car park it would be nice to at least feel safe whilst your staying in a hotel without having to encounter situations like this.

I've asked several times at the hotel bar for certain things on the menu only to be told the same line "we don't have that available" I recently found out it because they're using the winter menu and haven't updated it yet so several things are no longer available, if you don't mind curry though then you'll be fine because all they ever seem to have is curry and pizzas. The staff behind the bar have been rude at times as well.

No wonder the breakfast is free it's terrible and I never eat it!

The rooms are comfortable, clean and ok for a nights stay, the hotel is really good for commuting.

There's a number of elements that let this hotel down. I know the hotel itself can't do much about the people that walk through the hotel car park but you should at least feel safe whilst outside the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Lucy P
Dear Lucy, thank you for sharing your valued feedback with us.

I am sorry to hear that you had a poor experience within the surrounding central Slough area and whilst as you may appreciate this is simply beyond my control, I would certainly like to discuss the shortfalls you have mentioned above.
Therefore if I can kindly request that you contact me directly via gm@hiexslough.co.uk

Our guests satisfaction is extremely important to us as a team and I do hope that I will have the opportunity to restore your faith in us.

Jade

Travellers are raving about these Slough hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here one night before catching a plane from Heathrow to Kuala Lumpur. Close enough to make the hire car drop off achieveable and with the added bonus of being a stop on the airport shuttle route. Rooms were well appointed and the breakfast buffet had good variety and was good value. There are few shops within walking distance so we ate the the Pizza restaurant on site. The service was average and the prices a bit expensive, but for one night it was OK. I would stay here again under the same circumstances.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Susan, thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

I am pleased to hear that our central Slough location was perfect for your Heathrow requirements and we will look forward to seeing you next time you visit the UK.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This hotel is brilliant if you know what is included. We paid £53 for a Saturday night and breakfast, this was considerably cheaper than friends of ours who stayed at neighbouring budget hotels, although we did book a while in advance. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast is average but as this is included in the room rate, it is an added bonus. The issue with this hotel is the lack of parking! We did know prior to booking that there was limited parking but this could be a shock to those who are not aware. We parked in a nearby train station car park that cost around £10 for two days. Overall I was happy with what I received in line with the cost of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the opposite side to the train station if noise affects your sleep.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kelly m
Dear Kelly, thank you for sharing your great review with us.

It is always such a pleasure to hear such positive feedback regarding our team and I will be sure to share your comments with them all.

As you have rightly mentioned we do have a limited car park and therefore our 26 spaces do operate on a first come first serve basis.
For our guests that are unable to secure a space, overnight car parking is available in the adjacent car park and for £13 our guests are able to take advantage of this.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Blaxland, Australia
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We initially selected this place as our base for travel into London. The location was very close to the train station and the accommodation was reasonably priced.
The London train system is rather comprehensive so you don't really need a car, and most trains seemed to stop at Slough.
The staff were very helpful, cheerful and friendly, the rooms were clean and tidy, and the breakfast provided was also very good.
Only real issue would have been the limited parking available, but this is clearly noted in the information about the Inn.
I would recommend this place and stay here if we visit London again

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jkcamill
Jade M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your great review with us.

As you have rightly mentioned we are ideally located in central Slough with direct 20 minute links into central London.
It is always such a pleasure to receive such great feedback with particular reference to our cheerful, helpful and friendly team – I will be sure to share your comments with them all.

Once again thank you for your comments and we will look forward to seeing you again soon.

Jade Matten
Millicent
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

The rooms are very clean and quiet considering the closeness of the airport and the railway station. We had a great sleep and the shower was great. However the eating and drinking facilities are TERRIBLE. In the room is a kettle with plenty of tea and coffee but only two small milks. If you like a normal amount of milk in your beverage you'd probably use 3 milks per cup like me. The breakfast room is the most horrendous experience I've had. I worked in a gaol system some years ago and the prisoners had a better breakfast. I couldn't eat the sausage as it tasted funny and my partner who will eat anything decided to stop eating in case he got sick. I felt like I was eating in a cramped macdonald's store. HORRIBLE. I gave it 2 stars for the room and shower.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nicole K
Dear Nicole, thank you for sharing your comments with us, we value your feedback to help enhance the service we are offering.

Firstly I am very pleased to hear that found our hotel clean and our central Slough location perfect for your requirements.

It is however very disappointing to read your comments regarding our free breakfast offering. Whilst I have noted your feedback regarding the quality of our sausages, as you may appreciate this is down to personal preference and please be assured that we do receive positive comments on a regular basis.
For any future bookings you may have with us, please do not hesitate to request for some extra milks, as my team would of course be happy to provide extra to your bedroom.

Once again thank you for your review and I do hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,
Jade Matten
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Holiday Inn Express London - Heathrow T5
Travelodge Slough
Travelodge Slough
#5 of 21 in Slough
Holiday Inn Express Windsor

Been to Holiday Inn Express Slough? Share your experiences!