“Legoland stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Legoland stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Stopped here using my husbands ihg rewards for 2 nights while visiting legoland with out 2 boys 2 and 6. Great location took us 15 minutes to get to legoland. Breakfast was ok but saying as it is free is a lovely bonus.our room was fine nice and clean and comfy beds, could hear the train announcement but as long as window was shut didn't bother us. Staff were great and lovely with the kids and never felt uncomfortable if they were being a little loud. Ate in the hotel on 2nd night and got the Lego family deal which was great value 4 of us had 2 courses for 30 and food was lovely. Drinks were expensive but we expected this. Hard to find a parking space squeezed in on our first night but had to park in train station 2nd day and pay 11 pound but again not a problem. thank you for a lovley stay.

1 Thank gemmacaiden
Jade M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Hi Gemma, thank you for sharing your 4* review with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Slough.

I am very pleased to read that as valued IHG Rewards Members you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we will look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.

Jade

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Whittlesey, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed here on a 1 day business trip and was appalled at my stay, when i checked in i was greeted by a rude receptionist who insisted i did not have a reservation, when i produced my confirmation she managed to find it ???? i then got to the room to find that they had set up the sofa bed so i had no room to move in the room even though they knew i was a single business traveler, i had to put this away myself. the noise from the room was bad as it backed onto the train tracks with trains and maintenance people working all through the night, TRY and avoid if possible book a hotel in the center of town it is worth the extra money if you at least want some sleep!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 94tosss
Dear Tony, thank you for your review, we value your feedback to help enhance the service we are offering.

Our overall guests satisfaction truly is the most important aspect of our roles here at the Holiday Inn Express Slough and it is disappointing to note that on this occasion you were dissatisfied with your stay.
I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this in detail with you, therefore if you could kindly contact me via gm@hiexslough.co.uk I would be very grateful.

I will look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,
Jade

Travellers are raving about these Slough hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

It's okay if you need to get some sleep before heading for Heathrow.
Otherwise a bit soulless, which suits the location perfectly.
The buffet breakfast was quite ordinary; we got down towards the end of 'service' and had the dregs of the eggs, economy beans and cash and carry sausages. The fruit juice was a bit watery.
A man in a chef's apron was critiquing one of the waiting staff in earshot of me. I thought him a bit rude. The reception staff were very good though.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Matthew, thank you for taking the time share your feedback with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Slough.

I am pleased to hear that you found our central Slough location suitable for Heathrow and whilst I have noted your comments regarding the area, as you may appreciate this really is down to personal preference.

Please be assured that I have noted your comments regarding the training of a new team member you witnessed and I would like to thank you for honest feedback.

Once again thank you for your review and I do hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Selby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a few times when in the slough area. Rooms are nice well equipped and clean, need to get to the hotel early as limited parking on site that's the toughest thing about the hotel. In a good location in slough near the train station very easy for travel. Good wifi usually always seems at a decent speed.

Stayed July 2014
Jade M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Hi Toby, thank you for sharing your great feedback with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Slough.

I am pleased to hear that as a regular visitor to the Slough area you have consistently preferred our hotel and we will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I don't know where to start with this review........Not a great experience......
Planes - its on the main flight path to Heathrow Airport = NOISEY!
Trains - the hotel backs onto a train line with 24/7 running trains = VERY NOISEY!
Automobiles - the hotel only has 26 car park spaces for the 600+ rooms, so getting a space is near impossible, and if you do get a space and then go out again it will be taken by the time you return.

We stayed here as a family for Lego Land trip and the only good point was the distance to the park - a 15 minute drive.

The hotel is not in a very nice area at all, its in the middle of quite a deprived council estate and trying to go out to find a restaurant was quite intimidating. We found a Pizza Express about a 5 minute walk from the hotel but i wasn't happy taking 3 children across town.

The hotel itself is clean and practical, the staff were ok, they all seemed to be Eastern European.

Although it wasn't the hotels fault we came out to a great big scratch on our car, as the car park is so tight as everybody is squeezing in for a space.

Next time i would stay in Windsor rather than Slough for a Lego Land trip.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank beaniesmum
Perth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I booked 2 rooms, a family room with a cot and a twin room for 2 teenage boys. They gave us an adjoining room for the boys which I appreciated and this also made our room feel bigger. It was a squash but they told us that when I booked so I was fine with that. Staff were very helpful and polite which was great. The train station is right outside but to be honest I had looked the hotel up so expected that - yes you can hear the announcements and trains but it didn't bother us. It did bother our Aunt and Uncle though. The bed was incredibly uncomfortable though, and I can sleep almost anymore. The actual hotel parking is shocking - possibly 7 spaces? But there is a good place to park right next door - a little awkward to get in to. Our Uncle was allowed to park in the disabled bay at the hotel and the receptionist said she would give him a call if they needed it which I found very practical! Our air con was great and kept our room a good chill for us but it didn't work in our Aunt and Uncles room so they were boiling.
I would stay there again if it was just me or myself and my husband as a quick stop over. I would prefer more room for my children but I believe Express hotels are not geared towards families.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Kelly, thank you for sharing your 4* review with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Slough.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay and please be assured that I have noted all of your comments.

It is most unfortunate that you experienced concerns with the air conditioning unit in your room and I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Once again thank your for your feedback and we will look forward to seeing you again soon.

Stillington, null, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Having read some of the reviews I was worried about our stay at this hotel, but I didn't need to worry. The family room was basic but clean and the bed not too bad. The sofa bed was not the best, but the children slept fine on it. We were on the opposite side to the station (odd room numbers) so not too noisy, though you needed to keep the window shut at night.
My main issue was the air conditioner in the room. Despite being on full all the time we cooked! We asked for a fan but they were all out, so off to tesco and bought one and we were much happier! Bare in mind it was 30 degrees the days we were there, so unusually hot!
Breakfast basic but did the job! Same thing every day, small croissants, toast, cereal, fruit, scrambled egg, beans and sausages was the selection! Not amazing bit enough to fill you!
Parking is a nightmare! Luckily I did my homework before arriving, went onto the website park at my house and found a space to let next door to the hotel for £5 a night which made life so much easier!!!
Most of the staff were really nice and helpful so not much to complain about. Would stay here again. Basic hotel at a cheap price!