“Good hotel 4 Night stay August”

Holiday Inn Express Slough
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Good hotel 4 Night stay August”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This hotel is great the staff are friendly and the location is excellent for all the attractions.
The parking is terrible (BUT) people need to get real this is a cheap hotel for its location and yes the train station is expensive to park but we just parked in the housing estate 5 minutes walk away.
The staff have to tell you to park in the train station as its secure but is your car ever safe.
We have 2 young kids so the free breakfast and wifi worked a treat.
Graham and Lyndsey (Newcastle)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Jade M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Graham & Lyndsey, thank you for taking the time to share your great review with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Slough.

I am very pleased to read that you found our team friendly and our central Slough location a perfect base for visiting local attractions.

It is always such a pleasure to receive such open and honest feedback and we will look forward to seeing you again soon.

Jade

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Booked this hotel for 3 nights so we could visit nearby LEGOLAND. All the bookings were made through an agent and I wasn't advised that there was limited parking at the hotel (about 24 spaces!) and that if you didn't manage to get a space you had to park at the train station next door for £13 per night, so this didn't get our stay off to a good start. We ate at the hotel the first evening and the food was terrible. It took a while to order due to only having 1 till behind the bar where you ordered all food/drinks then when it arrived the chicken was tasteless and dry and the chips were deep fried until there was no potato left in them!! It was also overpriced for what it was. Apart from that the stay was fine, breakfast was ok and the rooms were clean and comfortable and apart from a lack of storage for clothes were fine for the time we spent in them. The main plus point of the hotel is the staff. They couldn't do enough and were constantly rushing around trying to cater for the amount of people staying in the hotel, often working behind reception/bar and waiting tables. Its also a reasonably short drive to LEGOLAND (about 10 mintues). I have to be honest though, I wouldn't stay here again and could not recommend it to family or friends due to the parking issue and quality of meals.

2 Thank Andrea M
Jade M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Andrea, thank you for taking the time to share your valued feedback with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Slough.

Firstly I am very pleased read your comments regarding our fantastic team, as you have rightly mentioned they are all very hardworking and dedicated to making sure our valued guests leave our hotel satisfied – I will be sure to share your comments with them all.

It is most unfortunate that on this occasion the third party travel agent you booked with failed to inform you about our limited onsite parking and I would like to take this opportunity to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.
To help prevent this from reoccurring I would very much appreciate some extra details regarding your booking, therefore if you can kindly contact me via gm@hiexslough.co.uk I would be very grateful.

Please be assured that I have noted your comments regarding your evening meal experience and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for your disappointment and please be assured that I will be investigating your comments in detail with the rest of the team.

Once again thank you for your valued comments and I will look forward to hearing from you soon.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed in this hotel (for the first time) from 8-11th August 2014, a short summer break with the family visiting Legoland and Windsor Castle.

We stayed in a family room of 4, it was fairly spacious and very well kept,extremely clean and welcoming, with nice contemporary decor and with a power shower inside the bathroom.

The best feature about this hotel has to be the friendly staff!! They are nothing but superb. I was first welcomed by IRUM at the reception, Wow!! -This lady deserves 7 stars in knowing full well how to take care of guests staying at Holiday Inn. She was very helpful, and curtious and would always go out of her way in making sure that all needs of guests are fully met.

I guess like most guests my only major complain would be that the hotel car park is way way too small to accommodate the full occupancy in the hotel. Parking outside the hotel is just short of £10.

Habs -
Leeds, West Yorkshire.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for your great review!

It is always such a pleasure to receive such great feedback, with a special mention to Irum who truly a fantastic member of our team.
I will be sure to share your kind comments with her and the rest of the team here at the Holiday Inn Express Slough.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we will look forward to seeing you again soon.

Huddersfield
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in July, with our 2 children. I had emailed beforehand to request a low, quiet room as our youngest child has heart problems and really needs to sleep and steps are an issue of the lifts are not working.
We checked in fine and was told my IHG points would be added to my account. We were then directed to the 6th floor, overlooking the noisy train station - the opposite of what I had politely requested 2 months beforehand. The sofa bed for the children was a basic thin mattress which each wooden slat underneath could be felt. Not too bad for our youngest who was worn out but horrid for the older child.
I spoke to management on reception who advised that there was no rooms with 2 double beds (as I'd been led to believe I had booked), that they hadn't had any communication from me regarding room needs. The best he could do was give me an uncovered think duvet for the boys to sleep on top of which I took up from reception myself - yes, the lift predictably broke and we had to carry our son up 6 flights of stairs.
The IHG points were not added because I had booked through an agent with our LEGOLAND tickets.
All in all - we got the opposite of what we asked for. On the plus side the room was clean and we ate in the bar on the first night as the kids were too tired to go out- thankfully the bar food was fine - much better than the breakfasts!
I made all these points to the management and as you'd imagine, they were not interested.

All in all - clean rooms, basic but edible bar food, nice staff, ignorant management, dreadful location (end of a dodgy housing estate, be wary of the loitering 'night-ladies' on a evening).

Would we stay again ? Never.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank QueenGB
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us, as a valued IHG Rewards Member we very much value your feedback to help enhance the service we are offering.

I would like to take this opportunity to offer my sincere apologies regarding the miscommunication you experienced regarding your preferred room type and allocation.
In order for me to investigate your concerns in detail, can I kindly request that you contact me directly via gm@hiexslough.co.uk

It is most unfortunate that on this occasion you booked via a third party, as you are unable to secure room night points via this booking channel. For future reference we do also sell LEGOLAND packages direct to our valued guests, resulting in our members being able collect their IHG Reward Points.

I am shocked to read your comments regarding reporting your concerns to myself or my team, as this is the first communication of this nature I have received regarding your stay with us. I would once again welcome the opportunity to discuss this in detail with you. Please be assured that our guests overall satisfaction is very important to us and it is disappointing to learn that on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations.

Once again thank you for your review and I will look forward to hearing from you soon.

Jade

Travellers are raving about these Slough hotels

Greenock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Rooms are clean although a bit cramped with a lack of space for suitcases, hanging clothes etc.
There is also a very limited number of car parking spaces, forcing you to pay extra for overnight parking which isn't good!!!
Handy enough for visits to Legoland.
Free WIFI was good.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to share your valued feedback with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Slough.

I am pleased to read that you found our central Slough location handy for your trip to LEGOLAND.

As you have mentioned we do have very limited car park(26 spaces) and therefore it does operate on a first come first serve basis and unlike our local competitors we do not charge for this offering.
For those guests that are unable to secure a space with us, there is overnight parking available in the adjacent station and for a maximum of £13.40 our guests are able to take advantage of this.

I have noted your comments regarding the configuration of our Express bedrooms and I thank you for your feedback. For future hotel bookings you and your family might like to try our sister brand Holiday Inn, as they are able to offer a selection of room types that I do believe would meet your requirements.

Once again thank you for your review.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The hotel is in the norm of the Holiday Inn, which is to say standard rooms which sometime may start a dejavu experience, like we hd, as the room we were stayin in was exactly the same as another one we have been staying but a few months ago. Exactly the same, to the last detail.
This is not a bad thing for me, I kind of like it, it gives a familiar setup which does not change, like if you were at home. I do appreciate that.

The location is quite good, and really well connected for going into London, as it is attached to the town Railway Station and trains to London Paddington are available every 15-20 minutes at most. Make sure you get the express connection, though, as it takes about 15 minutes to arrive to Paddington, the local take almost twice as much. Sometimes it is worth waiting a few minutes for the express connection, because it will overtake the local easily.

Having said that, the sore points are 2, one minor and one not so minor.
First sore point, is that it is difficult to find, at least the first time, because it is in a sort of cul-de-sac, at right angle from Mill Street and at least my navigator could not help me much, except telling me I had arrived. Having a street sign indicating where the hotel is would help and be at almost no cost, I do not undestand why it is not done. But the problem only presents itself the first time.

More serious is the parking problem: the hotel has 26 parking spaces, and as the manager admits, they are used with a first come, first served approach. This would be nice if there were some options besides it, but the parking is horribly limited around the hotel.
The only option left usually is to leave it the Railway Station parking place, but that is bound to cost you. The snag is that you pay the parking for a whole day only, not per hour, and the day finishes at 23:59. That means that if you for example park your car at 8:00 p.m. and want to get away the following morning, you pay about £ 4.00 until midnight, and another £7.10 for the following day. Yes the parking costs £ 7.10 per day, no hour slices are avalable.
If you have a car this becomes a sort of a lottery. If you are prepared to pay, then it is not a problem, though. But it is a hidden cost, not easily understood from the web page related to the hotel.

Breakfast is not the full English breakfast, but there is little to say against it, I understand that a Holiday Inn Express does not cater to the full breakfast, and it was reasonably good.

The breakfast area might be quite crowded at some hour, so have a look and try to avoid the most crowded times.

If the parking problem did not exist, I would not esitate to give a 4. If you do not have a car, this is a the right score. As the parking problem heavily affected my judgement, I will stay with a 3.

Somebody has had problems with the trains passing from the station. I had no such problems, noise was null from my point of view.

Room Tip: Choose if possible a room not on the side of the rails.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Jade M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Bruno, thank you for taking the time to share your valued feedback with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Slough.

Firstly I am pleased to read that as a returning guest to our brand, Holiday Inn Express you have consistently enjoyed your overall experience.

As you have rightly mentioned we are ideally located in central Slough adjacent to the train station, with direct 20 minute links into central London.
We also have many local attractions nearby such as LEGOLAND, Windsor, Ascot and more.

Please be assured that I noted your comments regarding additional road signage, as we understand that some of our valued guests have experienced difficultly locating us. I do apologise for the confusion caused on this occasion and you may be pleased to know that we are currently investigating the possibility of additional signage with the local Council.

It is most unfortunate that you experienced concerns regarding parking and I would like to take this opportunity to offer my apologies for the inconvenience caused to you and your family.
We do have a very limited car park (26 spaces) which does operate on a first come first serve basis, however unlike our local competitors our spaces are free of charge to our valued guests.
There are many local alternate pay and display parking offerings surrounding us, such as town centre however for ease of purpose we do tend to recommend the car park adjacent to us in Slough train station, whereby our guests have the option to secure overnight parking for a maximum fee of £13.40.

Once again thank you for your valued feedback and I do hope to welcome you back to our Holiday Inn Express in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Dreadful ! No parking dreadful location ! Very poor planning in hotel ! Very noisy ! Very difficult to find . Felt like we were in the middle of a housing estate . We had to leave the car outside ( in the housing estate and felt very unsafe . Everyone was very angry when checking in from similar problems . I would never stay or recommend anyone to stay here .

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Paula D
Dear Paula, Thank you for sharing your comments with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Slough.

Firstly I am very sorry to hear that you experienced concerns regarding parking with us and I would like to offer my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

As you may appreciate it is very frustrating for us as a team to be unable to offer any extra space within our premises and we truly empathise with our valued guests. That said this is in fact overnight parking available adjacent to us in Slough train station and for a small fee our guests are able to take advantage of this.

Once again thank you for your review and if you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me via gm@hiexslough.co.uk

Kind Regards,
Jade
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Premier Inn Slough Hotel
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Holiday Inn Express London - Heathrow T5
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Windsor

Been to Holiday Inn Express Slough? Share your experiences!