Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Iaia82
London, United Kingdom

Room type not available and not even an apology

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Jul 2017
I booked online with my IHG gold card a twin accessible room and I got the confirmation for that room type. This was very important to me as travelling with my sister that has mobility impairment. While on my train to Slough, I realized on the IHGapp that my booking had been changed to a twin standard room, without even a phone call, a email to enquiry the possibility to change. I am IHG employee, managing the front desk of another property and I know how important is to allocate the right room type, moreover I would have been more understanding receiving a phone call about that instead of getting to know that whilst checking my app.
On top of that, on arrival, I was not even acknowledged my status with membership or my employee rate and if I was not to ask my room type I would not have even been told about the room type change and would have had to discover myself whilst upstairs.
On top of that, the receptionist had to call a manager for help during my check-in and the only possibility I was given was to allocate a double room accessible instead of a twin and offered a sofa bed to be opened inside. I refused, being 180cm tall, it would not be comfy at all to sleep in a sofa bed. Not even an apology for all the mess up with the room type. The manager clearly swapped by room with the one of another guest on arrival. I now hope that as this has been done with such nonchalance, that the other guest had not experience problems as well with his room type.
In the morning my sister paid for the room and asked her name to be on the invoice. Instead of denying, the receptionist agreed but then kept on moaning how that was incorrect.
Overall could have been a good stay as the breakfast was nice and the room was comfy, all ruined by the lack of attention of the staff!
On top of that, no apology, no discount, nothing offered. I would have expected at least an apology for the issue with the room.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
3.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
1.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 21 Jul 2017
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay. I will definitely share your review with the whole team. I agree, that us, IHG employees must behave professional at all times and work together as a team.
Regards,
    £71
0.7 miles from Holiday Inn Express Slough, an IHG Hotel
View more hotels in Slough
1,323 results
All reviews family room windsor castle legoland base heathrow pounds
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel while visiting a business in Feb. This hotel provided all the facilities that a guest would require however out of everything the the only issue I had with this hotel was the noise. I was expecting the noise to be from the near by train station but this was not an issue. I was on the top floor and at the very end of the hall. I was expecting this to be a very quite room but each night between 3am and 4am there was a loud bang from a fire door beside my room. This was mentioned to the reception staff and I was offered ear plugs. I was shocked at this as it would have been more appropriate to just ask the staff that we're going there in the middle of the night to not slam or be mindful of the doors as they leave.
This was my only negative of this hotel otherwise it was a perfect stay for a 3 day business trip.

Date of stay: February 2017
1  Thank Will271
Linda B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your reviewing your stay with us.
Please accept my apologies for the noise at night. I will certainly share your comments with the relevant department.
See you soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

First of all, this hotel is right next to the railway line (as they provide earplugs by the bed, looks like it will be a noisy night !Arrived to find car park full, so had to park in the railway station and pay £12. Heard staff telling a customer that the car park is always full. Evening dinner - sat for 15 minutes and was then told that I had to order at the bar (I knew that) ..... £5.20 for a bowl of very tasteless, watery soup and 2 slices of dry sandwich bread. Ceasar salad .... £3 extra for 5 very small pieces of chicken. I was then amazed to see a group of 7 Indian guys bring I down takeaway into the restaurant - helped themselves to plates, cutlery and napkins from the restaurant and eat their own food, completely unchallenged ! Maybe next time I should do the same and see if this hotel will do my washing-up .... absolutely unbelievable !

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Slough last night on business. It's my preferred hotel in Slough because it's well connected, reasonably priced on our business expenses and clean and tidy.

The rooms are lovely and cool in the hot summer months and clean and comfortable. Beds are very good and it's easy generally to get a good night sleep. Last night annoyingly I didn't sleep brilliantly because of the lights in headboard.

I turned all of the lights off but they generate quite a lot of heat and are housed in a metal frame on top of the headboard. As the bulbs cool the metal contracts and makes a really irritating clicking noise.

My recommendation would be - don't leave the headboard lights switched on running up to bedtime so you avoid the clicking noise.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Location to train was great. Relatively close to LHR Airport. The breakfast was adequate. The staff was very nice for the most part. I would NOT stay here again.

The one big problem we had was the first night the room we were given had a defective air conditioning unit. We brought it to the attention of the staff and since the hotel was fully booked they said the best they could do was give us a fan. There was never talk of getting someone from maintenance to come and have a look at the A/C unit.The next day we spoke to the Manager and she said she would put us in another room. The new room was fine. We asked how we would be compensated for the first night of misery and was told the best they could do is give us a 20% discount on that first night. I said that was unacceptable, the Manager came back and said the best she could do was 50% off the first night. I feel like we should have been comped for the first night since we were staying there for two more nights. I probably would not have made such a big deal about this but it was during a heatwave in the England so it was very hot and sleeping with the windows open was not an option.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time and write a review about your recent stay.
Please accept my apologies regarding the faulty air condition unit. I am sorry we couldn't move you straight away on the first night and we offered fans and refund. We had to order the faulty part and unfortunately it took more than 1 day to get it fixed, that's why we offered you a room move. I am sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel several times and always find it good. It is conveniently located next to the railway station, but I have never had any problems with train or aircraft noise. The rooms are comfortable, particularly the beds. Breakfast is the normal Holiday Inn Express buffet - nothing special but adequate.