Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Billy Sinclair
Livingston, United Kingdom

Good for Quick Overnight Stay

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 Jul 2017
We stayed here with 3 young children and 6 adults after a very full, hot day at nearby Legoland Windsor. The hotel has recently been refurbished - rooms and public areas were clean and modern. All rooms have excellent aircon. Breakfast was very good quality for a buffet style breakfast and included a selection of hot food, not just your usual continental style cold stuff. Only negative is the limited car parking spaces - there's only 26 free spaces, with very restricted parking in the surrounding area - if you don't get one of the spaces, your only option is to park in the station car park adjacent to the hotel at an overnight cost of £11 (with restrictions on when you need to be out before incurring more cost). We had 2 cars and eventually got them into free spaces after about 2 hours.....but only after a very heated argument with a local resident about two car wheels being on a public footpath!!!!
Date of stay: July 2017
Room Tip: Try to get one overlooking the car park side, the other side backs on to the main railway...
Trip type: Travelled with family
    £83
0.7 miles from Holiday Inn Express Slough, an IHG Hotel
View more hotels in Slough
1,323 results
All reviews family room windsor castle legoland base heathrow pounds
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

The location was perfect for us. We went to Legoland by car in about 15 mins and went to London by train in 20 min. Room was clean and quiet. Breakfast very good and staff all wonderful. Parking is free on site but seemed to get full after about 5pm. There's parking at the station next door if you get stuck but you will have to pay. We ate out and ordered food in from local takeaway. Very good hotel and I will probably use it when I travel for work now too.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MartandSteph
Reviewed 18 July 2017

I booked online with my IHG gold card a twin accessible room and I got the confirmation for that room type. This was very important to me as travelling with my sister that has mobility impairment. While on my train to Slough, I realized on the IHGapp that my booking had been changed to a twin standard room, without even a phone call, a email to enquiry the possibility to change. I am IHG employee, managing the front desk of another property and I know how important is to allocate the right room type, moreover I would have been more understanding receiving a phone call about that instead of getting to know that whilst checking my app.
On top of that, on arrival, I was not even acknowledged my status with membership or my employee rate and if I was not to ask my room type I would not have even been told about the room type change and would have had to discover myself whilst upstairs.
On top of that, the receptionist had to call a manager for help during my check-in and the only possibility I was given was to allocate a double room accessible instead of a twin and offered a sofa bed to be opened inside. I refused, being 180cm tall, it would not be comfy at all to sleep in a sofa bed. Not even an apology for all the mess up with the room type. The manager clearly swapped by room with the one of another guest on arrival. I now hope that as this has been done with such nonchalance, that the other guest had not experience problems as well with his room type.
In the morning my sister paid for the room and asked her name to be on the invoice. Instead of denying, the receptionist agreed but then kept on moaning how that was incorrect.
Overall could have been a good stay as the breakfast was nice and the room was comfy, all ruined by the lack of attention of the staff!
On top of that, no apology, no discount, nothing offered. I would have expected at least an apology for the issue with the room.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Linda B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay. I will definitely share your review with the whole team. I agree, that us, IHG employees must behave professional at all times and work together as a team.
Regards,
Linda Bene

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel while visiting a business in Feb. This hotel provided all the facilities that a guest would require however out of everything the the only issue I had with this hotel was the noise. I was expecting the noise to be from the near by train station but this was not an issue. I was on the top floor and at the very end of the hall. I was expecting this to be a very quite room but each night between 3am and 4am there was a loud bang from a fire door beside my room. This was mentioned to the reception staff and I was offered ear plugs. I was shocked at this as it would have been more appropriate to just ask the staff that we're going there in the middle of the night to not slam or be mindful of the doors as they leave.
This was my only negative of this hotel otherwise it was a perfect stay for a 3 day business trip.

Date of stay: February 2017
1  Thank Will271

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your reviewing your stay with us.
Please accept my apologies for the noise at night. I will certainly share your comments with the relevant department.
See you soon.
Kind regards,
Linda Bene

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

First of all, this hotel is right next to the railway line (as they provide earplugs by the bed, looks like it will be a noisy night !Arrived to find car park full, so had to park in the railway station and pay £12. Heard staff telling a customer that the car park is always full. Evening dinner - sat for 15 minutes and was then told that I had to order at the bar (I knew that) ..... £5.20 for a bowl of very tasteless, watery soup and 2 slices of dry sandwich bread. Ceasar salad .... £3 extra for 5 very small pieces of chicken. I was then amazed to see a group of 7 Indian guys bring I down takeaway into the restaurant - helped themselves to plates, cutlery and napkins from the restaurant and eat their own food, completely unchallenged ! Maybe next time I should do the same and see if this hotel will do my washing-up .... absolutely unbelievable !

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Slough last night on business. It's my preferred hotel in Slough because it's well connected, reasonably priced on our business expenses and clean and tidy.

The rooms are lovely and cool in the hot summer months and clean and comfortable. Beds are very good and it's easy generally to get a good night sleep. Last night annoyingly I didn't sleep brilliantly because of the lights in headboard.

I turned all of the lights off but they generate quite a lot of heat and are housed in a metal frame on top of the headboard. As the bulbs cool the metal contracts and makes a really irritating clicking noise.

My recommendation would be - don't leave the headboard lights switched on running up to bedtime so you avoid the clicking noise.