Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Its a mario
Staines, United Kingdom

Great rate

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 24 Jul 2017via mobile
Done get me wrong it was outstanding value to stay here, no night life . Just jump on a train to windsor or any where that isn't slough for shopping. Cheap shops and lots of trouble in the high street in slough.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1.0 miles from Holiday Inn Express Slough, an IHG Hotel
Room service
View more hotels in Slough
1,323 results
All reviews family room windsor castle legoland base heathrow pounds
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 July 2017

I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express due to it's location - very close to Heathrow T5.
I CHOSE this Holiday Inn Express because of it's high standard and consistency of accomodation and service. I have now stayed overnight at this hotel 4 times and my experience has always been a positive one.

- Friendly and efficient check-in
(Hamsa - who checked me in pre-holiday with great efficiency despite having one arm in plaster - v. impressed with his ability to staple documents together with one hand. Post-holiday check-in ably provided by Kenton, who was a very smiley and welcoming trainee. Good luck in your career, Kenton.)

- Comfy bed and spacious room with plenty of towels (inc.large bathtowels - I'm quite tall so finding a hotel towel big enough always earns brownie points) Also, season appropriate duvet, so I had a good night's sleep.

- Great shower and good quality facilities in the ensuite bathroom.

(However one suggestion for the room facilties: more than one teabag and a few more milks as standard in the hospitality tray would've been good. I needed more milk and had to go to reception to ask for more. That said, when I did ask, the milk was given to me right away by a member of the reception staff.)

I enjoyed a pleasant meal in Tratts ( £10 for a vegetarian pizza - very tasty with generous toppings. Wasn't surprised at the price and happily paid). The waiter was very attentive and was keen to know that the pizza had been ok and that I hadn't been disappointed. I wasn't. No probs at all. Tratts was very busy that night and rather noisy (beginning of school holidays) so it was a little difficult to hear what the waiter said, but that wasn't the fault of the restaurant.

The included breakfast was good as usual. However following my overnight stay after my holiday I went to breakfast at 8:30am and found that the Great Room was heaving with families and large groups so couldn't find a table. I waited and read the paper in the foyer for about 10-15mins before trying again and found a table.
I had probably hit the busy period for breakfast so would recommend to couples and solo travellers to go to breakfast early (7am-8am) then from 9am. You'll have a better chance of a getting a table straight away, as well as unimpeded access to the buffet, drinks machines etc. and also have a quieter breakfast.

All in all very satisfied with my experiences at this establishment and if I fly from T5 in the future, Holiday Inn Express Slough will be my first point of call for overnight accomodation.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

We stayed here with 3 young children and 6 adults after a very full, hot day at nearby Legoland Windsor. The hotel has recently been refurbished - rooms and public areas were clean and modern. All rooms have excellent aircon. Breakfast was very good quality for a buffet style breakfast and included a selection of hot food, not just your usual continental style cold stuff. Only negative is the limited car parking spaces - there's only 26 free spaces, with very restricted parking in the surrounding area - if you don't get one of the spaces, your only option is to park in the station car park adjacent to the hotel at an overnight cost of £11 (with restrictions on when you need to be out before incurring more cost). We had 2 cars and eventually got them into free spaces after about 2 hours.....but only after a very heated argument with a local resident about two car wheels being on a public footpath!!!!

Room tip: Try to get one overlooking the car park side, the other side backs on to the main railway line....albeit there is effective double glazing.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

The location was perfect for us. We went to Legoland by car in about 15 mins and went to London by train in 20 min. Room was clean and quiet. Breakfast very good and staff all wonderful. Parking is free on site but seemed to get full after about 5pm. There's parking at the station next door if you get stuck but you will have to pay. We ate out and ordered food in from local takeaway. Very good hotel and I will probably use it when I travel for work now too.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MartandSteph
Reviewed 18 July 2017

I booked online with my IHG gold card a twin accessible room and I got the confirmation for that room type. This was very important to me as travelling with my sister that has mobility impairment. While on my train to Slough, I realized on the IHGapp that my booking had been changed to a twin standard room, without even a phone call, a email to enquiry the possibility to change. I am IHG employee, managing the front desk of another property and I know how important is to allocate the right room type, moreover I would have been more understanding receiving a phone call about that instead of getting to know that whilst checking my app.
On top of that, on arrival, I was not even acknowledged my status with membership or my employee rate and if I was not to ask my room type I would not have even been told about the room type change and would have had to discover myself whilst upstairs.
On top of that, the receptionist had to call a manager for help during my check-in and the only possibility I was given was to allocate a double room accessible instead of a twin and offered a sofa bed to be opened inside. I refused, being 180cm tall, it would not be comfy at all to sleep in a sofa bed. Not even an apology for all the mess up with the room type. The manager clearly swapped by room with the one of another guest on arrival. I now hope that as this has been done with such nonchalance, that the other guest had not experience problems as well with his room type.
In the morning my sister paid for the room and asked her name to be on the invoice. Instead of denying, the receptionist agreed but then kept on moaning how that was incorrect.
Overall could have been a good stay as the breakfast was nice and the room was comfy, all ruined by the lack of attention of the staff!
On top of that, no apology, no discount, nothing offered. I would have expected at least an apology for the issue with the room.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Linda B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay. I will definitely share your review with the whole team. I agree, that us, IHG employees must behave professional at all times and work together as a team.
Regards,
Linda Bene

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel while visiting a business in Feb. This hotel provided all the facilities that a guest would require however out of everything the the only issue I had with this hotel was the noise. I was expecting the noise to be from the near by train station but this was not an issue. I was on the top floor and at the very end of the hall. I was expecting this to be a very quite room but each night between 3am and 4am there was a loud bang from a fire door beside my room. This was mentioned to the reception staff and I was offered ear plugs. I was shocked at this as it would have been more appropriate to just ask the staff that we're going there in the middle of the night to not slam or be mindful of the doors as they leave.
This was my only negative of this hotel otherwise it was a perfect stay for a 3 day business trip.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Will271

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your reviewing your stay with us.
Please accept my apologies for the noise at night. I will certainly share your comments with the relevant department.
See you soon.