Lock in the lowest price from these sites
glinda15
dublin, Ireland

15 mins to Legoland, very family friendly

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 2 Aug 2017
Room was quite cramped, but you get what you pay for! Very small, but very clean. Extremely helpful staff and free breakfast. Ordered pizza in the foyer etc. Very kid friendly and suited our needs for visiting Legoland Windsor. Also extremely close to the train station and around the corner from a big Tesco, for food for Legoland!
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
    £69
0.7 miles from Holiday Inn Express Slough, an IHG Hotel
View more hotels in Slough
1,323 results
All reviews family room windsor castle legoland base heathrow pounds
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel for approximately 15 days and realised that the service started deteriorating after few days. On the first day itself I was given a room in which the AC did not work. When I complained about the same they asked to change my room. Similarly the tea and coffee mugs were not changed regularly or re-filled. The house keeping and maintenance staff did a very poor job. The included breakfast is ok with the same fixed menu for all days. I did expect better standards from the hotel. The only advantage it has is its location as its just 2 mins walk to the station and bus stop with another 5-7 mins to Tesco and High street.

Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Slough, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Hello ShikshaC!

It is always a pleasure to receive a candid feedback from one of our loyal guests. I'm pleased to know that our location well for your itinerary in the area. On the downside, it is regretful to learn that our housekeeping and maintenance staff wasn't able to provide you with an exceptional service. I'm also sorry to know about the issues with our breakfast selections, air conditioning unit in your room, and beverage provision. This is certainly not the way we want our guests to remember us.

I've passed on your comments to our entire team as material in our continued effort to deliver true hospitality to our guests. In spite of your imperfect experience, I'm still thankful that you chose to stay with us.

Thank you so much for being one of our most valued guests. I certainly appreciate your relationship with our brands. I'm hopeful that you can find your way back to us so we can make up to you.

Many thanks,

Gian M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here as we where going to lego land just a short car ride away and also handy for the train to london, found the hotel very child friendly staff very helpful especially the lady on the reception and the French gentleman in the bar restaurant. Family bedroom large with two double beds. Lots of games for the children to play with while you sit and have a drink, would certainly stay here again if visiting lego land.

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here whilst going to LEGOLAND. 3 families of 4. 6 adults 6 children. It was a good location for LEGOLAND as it only took us 15 minutes on a Monday morning to get there.

We chose this hotel as it said there is a bowling alley nearby which when we got there we realised had closed down. However it is located right next to Slough train station and you can get the train there 1 stop to Maidenhead and walk for 0.5 miles to a bowling alley.

The hotel was good and clean and our toilet started flooding at 10pm and we went to call reception and the phone was not working. When we did speak to reception they moved us rooms as they had no one on site to fix it. This was a pain with two young children especially because they moved us to a room at the back of the hotel and the trains did keep us awake. However the receptionist was lovely and came and helped us with our bags.

Breakfast was ok nothing special and I have had better.

Overall the stay was good and I would return if I could have a room at the front of the hotel.

Staff were all lovely.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Done get me wrong it was outstanding value to stay here, no night life . Just jump on a train to windsor or any where that isn't slough for shopping. Cheap shops and lots of trouble in the high street in slough.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2017

I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express due to it's location - very close to Heathrow T5.
I CHOSE this Holiday Inn Express because of it's high standard and consistency of accomodation and service. I have now stayed overnight at this hotel 4 times and my experience has always been a positive one.

- Friendly and efficient check-in
(Hamsa - who checked me in pre-holiday with great efficiency despite having one arm in plaster - v. impressed with his ability to staple documents together with one hand. Post-holiday check-in ably provided by Kenton, who was a very smiley and welcoming trainee. Good luck in your career, Kenton.)

- Comfy bed and spacious room with plenty of towels (inc.large bathtowels - I'm quite tall so finding a hotel towel big enough always earns brownie points) Also, season appropriate duvet, so I had a good night's sleep.

- Great shower and good quality facilities in the ensuite bathroom.

(However one suggestion for the room facilties: more than one teabag and a few more milks as standard in the hospitality tray would've been good. I needed more milk and had to go to reception to ask for more. That said, when I did ask, the milk was given to me right away by a member of the reception staff.)

I enjoyed a pleasant meal in Tratts ( £10 for a vegetarian pizza - very tasty with generous toppings. Wasn't surprised at the price and happily paid). The waiter was very attentive and was keen to know that the pizza had been ok and that I hadn't been disappointed. I wasn't. No probs at all. Tratts was very busy that night and rather noisy (beginning of school holidays) so it was a little difficult to hear what the waiter said, but that wasn't the fault of the restaurant.

The included breakfast was good as usual. However following my overnight stay after my holiday I went to breakfast at 8:30am and found that the Great Room was heaving with families and large groups so couldn't find a table. I waited and read the paper in the foyer for about 10-15mins before trying again and found a table.
I had probably hit the busy period for breakfast so would recommend to couples and solo travellers to go to breakfast early (7am-8am) then from 9am. You'll have a better chance of a getting a table straight away, as well as unimpeded access to the buffet, drinks machines etc. and also have a quieter breakfast.

All in all very satisfied with my experiences at this establishment and if I fly from T5 in the future, Holiday Inn Express Slough will be my first point of call for overnight accomodation.