The Kingswood and Devoran hotel can only be described as an elegant, English seaside hotel. The sea front setting, the well proportioned rooms and the traditional decor with just a hint of contemporary in places suggested quality as soon as we walked throughout the impressive glass entrance. We had a room with a balcony making the most of the hotels seafront position and space was plentiful other than in the standard sized shower cubicle in the recently renovated bathroom. The service in the hotel was excellent from well trained staff who clearly took a pride in their work. Food at the hotel was good and choices were plentiful. The only disappointment for us was that at the time of year we visited the clientele at the hotel gave it a feeling of old people's home with most of the guests other than us well into their seventies and eighties. Nevertheless a very nice place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A relaxing retreat at the centre of Sidmouth's delightful regency seafront, now providing 50 bedrooms, whilst retaining the ambiance, service and hospitality for which the hotel has been known for nearly 100 years. With its close proximity to the town centre, it is ideal for exploring the towns excellent variety of independent shops. The flower filled patio and lounges both overlook the sea with stunning views of the World Heritage Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Kingswood & Devoran Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kingswood And Devoran Hotel
- The Kingswood & Devoran Hotel Sidmouth, Devon