Just returned from a weekend break at the hotel. If I was asked to sum up this place in one word I would use 'civilized'.It is obviously run with old fashioned values which I really like. If you want a place that is warm and welcoming in a prime location look no futher. The dated rooms and small shower facilities are a small price to pay. The only small suggestion I would make is to add variety to the cold breakfast buffet. I would have expected to see melon/cheese/ham in a hotel this good. And on two mornings the bacon and egg that I was served in my full breakfast was overheated and inedible.But I'm sure if I had complained it would have been dealt with straight away. So no big deal!! I do hope to return at some point.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A relaxing retreat at the centre of Sidmouth's delightful regency seafront, now providing 50 bedrooms, whilst retaining the ambiance, service and hospitality for which the hotel has been known for nearly 100 years. With its close proximity to the town centre, it is ideal for exploring the towns excellent variety of independent shops. The flower filled patio and lounges both overlook the sea with stunning views of the World Heritage Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Kingswood & Devoran Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kingswood And Devoran Hotel
- The Kingswood & Devoran Hotel Sidmouth, Devon