“Good Value Pub Food”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Bath, United Kingdom
“Good Value Pub Food”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The Blue Ball is always good value for money, and the quality of the food has never varied in my many visits. comfortable, relaxed and pleasant ambiance, with efficient staff.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Lynda C

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Great Sunday Lunch for a pensioner.”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I went with my husband for Sunday Lunch a couple of weeks ago and the carvery was excellent. Especially as it is a special price for pensioners. One of the best Sunday Lunches I have had in a Pub for a long time.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Annie W
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Recalcitrant and Rude”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Lunchtime in August is always busy and so no issues with waiting... normally. Equally we all know how awkward some technology can be and the lady serving - as were all the staff - were unable to make the credit card readers work properly so the queue was getting longer. Again, no worries, stuff happens. However after orders started being taken again - people paying cash to help out - accidentally the lady serving my area missed me and went to the folks who hadn't been stood there so long. Politely, I pointed out that I was actually next for service... as many people would I think, specially with a young child waiting for their lunch. What I didn't expect was the mouthful of invective next. Rather taken aback, I thought about it and elected not to order and asked instead to speak to the manager. Rather abruptly I was then told I couldn't, so I persisted and eventually got to speak to someone who was, apparently, the landlord. She was kind enough to give me her name and did ask for my name - no worries, here I am - but rather than attempt to resolve the problem related to rude staff, I was asked to speak to the person concerned myself who then proceeded to insist that there had been no issue. No great loss having seen the menu so we left and then had a perfectly good meal elsewhere. I've no great axe to grind here BUT being told it was probably my fault doesn't relate in any way to the experience I had in front of my daughter. The current rating at number 27/34 of local B&B and Inns seems to suggest others are having similar issues... we certainly won't be going back.

• Visited August 2014
5 Thank Colin D
“Lovely lunch”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Stopped by on Saturday lunchtime had sea food platter great value for money and plenty to eat heard lady on the next table say it was the best meal she has had well done to all

Rayleigh, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Had a Sunday lunch carvery here, unfortunately the food was disappointing. The beef was very chewy and the gravy was tasteless with the carrots having an odd and unrecognisable twang to them. vegetables somewhere between al dente and shown-the-pan hard work when the knives are as blunt as blunt things. All this and being served at the bar by a condescending member of staff......what an afternoon, needless to say we won't be going back.

• Visited August 2014