“Lovely spot for coffee and cake”

Clock Tower Tearooms
Ranked #3 of 80 Restaurants in Sidmouth
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Salisbury, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely spot for coffee and cake”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

I stopped here for a coffee with my daughters on the last morning of our holiday and wished we had visited sooner. We were able to sit outside and make the most of the sunshine and the gardens. I had a mug of good coffee and my youngest daughter had an ice cream - special comment has to go to the chocolate mud cake chosen by my eldest daughter, I have never seen a larger portion of cake which managed to defeat even my determined 9 year old! This did, however, allow both myself and my younger daughter to also try it - the verdict - delicious. We will return!

Chorley, United Kingdom
“Splendid cakes and tea with added views !”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Not having visited Sidmouth before we called in at one of my wife's childhood haunts and it was worthwhile I have to say! We walked around the lovely sub tropical gardens first and took in the views of the beach with the tide going out on a lovely summers day and retired to the Clock Tower for tea and cakes. Bit of a queue but nothing onerous and the cakes were delicious and very large to say the least, we sat in the gardens and chomped away enjoying the views and children playing. A most pleasing visit and hope to return in the future.

• Visited August 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“The most amazing food....staff.....views.....portions sizes. A real must go to place”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Every time we go to Sidmouth we go multiple times here. It never disappoints.
The staff are so very polite & helpful to everyone there.
The food is just stunning, a lovely selection of fresh local produce. The portions are generous to say the least. My children's eyes popped out of their heads when they saw all the amazing deserts. However be warned if you want to have desert you probably won't have room if you have a sandwich first. They too are huge, lovely bread, stunning fillings.
If you have never been upstairs it is worth it to see the lovely wooden carvings on the walls btw.
Our very favourite place in Sidmouth.
Thank you again for making our holiday this year!

Warwick, United Kingdom
“You want cake ....?”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Now if you are a fan of cake and you are in Sidmouth go visit the Clock Tower Tearoom in Connaught Gardens ... the choice of cakes and desserts will blow you away! Oh and did I mention the slice sizes? No? Well you will not be disappointed, don't be thinking you'll be having a sandwich first as just a slice of cake will fill you up on its own, scrumptious AND they do wheat and gluten free versions too, BONUS!

Bridgend, United Kingdom
“Enormous cakes ”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped briefly when visiting Jacobs ladder and sampled a lovely lemon cake, moist flapjack with a fantastic view. Beautiful gardens!