All reviewsmusic roomswimming poolchristian guildthe main hotel buildingbeautiful musicsnooker tablebeautiful old buildingbreakfast includedten minute walkporridgeno liftbooked this hotelfamily roomtwo nightssidmouth townbay windowtwin room
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We booked two rooms for two nights and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff were very helpful and they made us feel very welcome! The hotel benefits from the huge garden and the swimming pool which was of decent size.
We will definitely return to Sidholme hotel in the future.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank agataozer
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed 2 nights in this hotel. When I booked, the hotel messed up my reservation meaning that I had to change my room after the first night. Upon arrival, the receptionist "Rhod" was friendly enough with his long tie that looked like he had been given a peanut and his awkward spin he kept doing when me and my mates entered our pin into the card machine. I went up to my room on the first night up the loudest and creakiest staircase and down a dark corridor into my room. The room was quite fusty and very warm! If you need the toilet or a shower you have to go down the corridor to the "shared bathroom" which stinks and is covered in pubic hairs - nice! I gave the shared bathroom a miss. I was woken up at 8am on the saturday morning as the room I was given (room 16) was pretty much directly above the kitchen! All I could hear was the chef shouting at a young waitress (I believe her name could have been Holly) and when she left the kitchen he shouted "Why do we employ kids?! Unbelievable!'. Check out is far too early at 10am! I went down to reception to advise I had to change my room which was not available and wouldn't be available for another hour or so. When I got my new room, this was directly at the top of the loud staircase but this room did have an en-suite. I was looking forward to a nice cold shower as it was a very warm day, but all I had was a very old and dirty bath! Again, the room was far too hot without any air conditioning and I was woken up again early in the morning as the room was still close to the kitchen. The worst hotel I have ever stayed in. It would be better if the hotel was demolished to be honest! Disappointing.

Room Tip: You will get a better room in a different hotel. Don't book!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Adamires
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We sadly only stayed the one night, BUT it was a perfect night. The whole experience was relaxing, which is just what we needed. The wonderful grand stairway up to the rooms was very impressive, as were the fabulous gardens, which were so neat and well kept. The staff were extremely polite and not over attentive. The twin room en suite we had was comfortable, clean and well equipped with toiletries and tea and coffee facilities. I had a lovely swim in the heated indoor swimming....what luxury! Although this is a Christian Gild hotel, religion is very unobtrusive. There is a lovely calming atmosphere about the place, and we really didn't find it noisy. We sat in the gardens and had a very pleasant drink in the evening. The Music room is magnificent I must say. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel to anyone and will definitely return but for longer!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel3855
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is a fantastic place to bring children. The grounds were absolutely stunning. It's not everyday that one could pay such a low price at a fantastic hotel and enjoy breathtaking views. There was a real sense of community here. Everyone said hello to each other which I found lovely, very very lovely. The swimming pool - both the adult's and children's was great and had a fantastic view!! In the morning, we left a 'do not disturb' sign outside and were pleasantly surprised when we found a bag full of fresh supplies outside of our room; excellent service. The are some very old and ancient trees on the grounds which one could enjoy as a result of cleverly placed benches dotted around the grass. I genuinely felt sad leaving this hotel but it will be at the top of my list when I visit Sidmouth again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank LadyofWinterfell
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We spent one night at the Sidholme Hotel. Had an easy check in and the customer service was great. We were lucky to get a room with a TV as I understand that not many rooms have a TV. The bath room contained a bath/shower, the bath was great but the water pressure for the shower was lacking in fact almost non existent.

The grounds were well maintained and the indoor pool was great :)

Located close to town meant a short drive or walk.
Would stay here again thanks

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sameer V, Manager at Sidholme Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Jason A
Thank you for your kind comments.We have Televisions in all the rooms in the main building.The shower has been rectified, thank you for bringing it to our attention.
We look to forward to welcoming you back here at Sidholme.