We (two couples) visited for four nights, (dinner,bed and breakfast) in Deluxe rooms at the end of September.
Two aspects of our stay stood out;-
- it was delightful to stay in a hotel with such excellent service.We have rarely stayed anywhere with so many friendly, courteous, attentive and efficient staff.
- the food was superb.The four of us have been friends for c30 years and have stayed in many hotels together - I cannot recall the last time we all stayed on the table d'hôte menus every night without even occasionally departing to the al a carte. An excellent range of very good quality, well presented food.
The overall cost was a little more than we usually spend however we all thoroughly enjoyed our stay and hopefully will return.
(Just an observation - I suspect 'smart casual' would help to attract some more younger customers who perhaps don't want to have to wear jacket and tie for dinner?)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 5 acres of manicured gardens, the Victoria welcomes guests with a unique blend of hospitality, comfort and style. Perfectly located on Sidmouth's beautiful seafront esplanade, for many years the Victoria has been owned and managed by the Brend family - Devon and Cornwall's leading family hoteliers. Much loving care and attention has been lavished upon this fine establishment and it's no wonder that it enjoys a reputation as one of England's finest hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Victoria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Hotel Sidmouth, Devon