Victoria Hotel(Sidmouth)
Woodlands Hotel(Sidmouth)
Hotel Elizabeth(Sidmouth)
Royal Glen Hotel(Sidmouth)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsafternoon teared arrowswhisked awaysea viewshortbread biscuitswatching the worldwonderful hotelspecial birthdaycourse dinnersunday lunchfirst classnothing too much troublefluffy towelsevery member of staffcomfortable loungewonderful foodvisited this hotel
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My husband my sister brother in law and myself have just stayed 2 nights in The Riviera Hotel for my very special birthday.from the minute we arrived the staff in all areas were absolutely wonderful they all could not do enough for us all. Everything from the bedrooms the restaurant and the meals were wonderful. Thank you all for making my birthday such a wonderful day bless you all. Cannot wait to see you all again Anne and David Hodgson.

Room Tip: We had the Ratcliffe Suite out of this world.Wonderful!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Anne H
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This was our third visit to The Riviera. It leaves me speechless every time I stay here. It is simply magnificent. The standards never drop. The food is perfect. I particularly like the way the service is attentive but not over bearing. Every time we come back we think it can't possibly be as good as the last time - but it is!! This consistency is what makes a hotel extra special.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank couple1234186424
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This was my first time here(the party I was with dined here before) and hopefully not my last..Absolutely superb from the moment we walked in till the moment we left.Very high standards indeed and nothing was too much trouble.We only used the restaurant on a Saturday evening we did not stay.The food was faultless and presented beautifully,with ample choice whether you were feeling adventurous or not,staff were obviously well trained and genuinely saw to our every need...Dining here is very much for a special occasion but very much worth it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Devontravelbug2
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I just love this hotel and everything about it. I have reviewed The Riviera before and now after 4 visits I must write again. Mr Wharton and his fabulous team have got it spot on in terms of brilliant customer service with a real personal touch. Quite simply they are the best. They remember you every time you come back.....and we will certainly keep coming back again and again. Anyone wanting to experience what customer service really should be at its best then you really should go and stay.....and as for the food - amazing! Roll on spring for the next visit.

Room Tip: Room 305 is lovely with a great sea view. Quiet except for the sound of the waves.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank misstracey24
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I have reviewed The Riviera before but feel compelled to do so again because it continues to maintain its high standards of friendly service. I love this place. Two nights just isn’t long enough – although I probably couldn’t stay for longer because the food is just too good! Believe me this is a hotel that is run by loyal, professional and charming staff who all exude team spirit. I’m already looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 302, top floor, nice and quiet with just the sound of the waves.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends