“Delicious food and professional service”
Review of Neil's Restaurant

Neil's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 81 Restaurants in Sidmouth
Price range: US$20 - US$29
Cuisines: European, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Neil's is a great place to eat in Sidmouth and is just a short walk from the Beach and within easy reach of Beer, Lyme Regis and Exeter. Neil's focuses on bringing the freshest Devon food, cooked in sympathetic and delicious ways to the table. Neil's Restaurant Sidmouth has an informal and contemporary design and allows you to actually see Neil at work.
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Neil's came highly recommended by visitors at the cottages where we were staying, and as we like eating early we booked a table for 6.30pm. (From Tuesday to Thursday, if you order your meal before 7pm you get 20% off the bill for most dishes. The waitresses pointed out at the time of ordering that my lobster was not included in this offer, which meant I would have been able to choose something else had I wanted to).

We had a really enjoyable evening: the food was delicious and the service from the two very professional and welcoming waitresses made us feel really welcome. I would definitely eat there again.

1  Thank pco1

Reviewed 9 May 2014

They were able to fit us in on short notice. The staff are excellent, very attentive but not over the top. The meal was excellent and would recommend it especially for a special treat although when we were there they obviously had some regulars

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Visited with my wife and two teenage sons at the end of April whilst having a long (birthday) weekend in the area. We booked a few days before and were looked after very well. I rang on the day to see what they could arrange at short notice for my wife and the staff kindly put up a birthday banner around the table.

All in all it was a great meal, the staff were very attentive (but not overly) and the food excellent. It is quite obviously biased towards fish and from looking over the menu for a few days prior to booking, one can tell that it is changed regularly according to what is available as fresh.

Three of us had fish (lemon sole, monk fish & halibut) all of which were beautifully cooked and one son had a steak which looked just as good.

My only critique is that the environment was a little lackluster - it could do with a theme or some colour / decorations / pictures. Then it would be 5*.

Would we go back? Absolutely yes, and will do so.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We were lucky to be able to dine here one Sunday evening - not normally open on Sundays except during high season. I had the monkfish in a smoked paprika and cream sauce which was very good. Veg cooked just as I like them with plenty of bite - courgettes, green beans, broccoli and carrots. My companions ordered steaks and enjoyed them. We had lemon brûlée, chocolate and hazelnut meringue and a huge piece of bake well tart for pud. Friendly efficient service.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

What a treat to go to a restaurant where the provenance of the food is so clearly stated - reflects a pride in the ingredients that are so well cooked and served , our meal was delicious and in the continued spirit of local provenance we somewhat anxiously ordered the wine of the month - a Devon wine -well it was a great choice - first time I have genuinely enjoyed a British wine ! The flaming brûlée was a fun touch of drama to end on