“Excellent seafood restaurant”

Price range: US$19 - US$28
Cuisines: European, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Neil's is a great place to eat in Sidmouth and is just a short walk from the Beach and within easy reach of Beer, Lyme Regis and Exeter. Neil's focuses on bringing the freshest Devon food, cooked in sympathetic and delicious ways to the table. Neil's Restaurant Sidmouth has an informal and contemporary design and allows you to actually see Neil at work.
York, United Kingdom
“Excellent seafood restaurant”
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our visit to Neil's. We love seafood so were spoilt for choice as the menu is packed with all kinds of locally-sourced aquatic goodies. What's on offer each day depends on what is available at the fish market so there's no guarantees about what will be on the menu but based on our experience you're in for a treat no matter what the morning's catch holds. I really enjoyed my prawn bisque followed by Cornish hake with a crab & coriander crust. My companions were equally happy with their choices. The lemon soul looked really good, as did the lobster. Everything is served with boiled or roast potatoes and seasonal veg. No room for pudding for me but what was on offer sounded and looked good. Look out for the lemon brûlée which arrives at the table on fire! Definitely recommended.

Visited August 2014

Cuddington, United Kingdom
“Just about the best fish restaurant around”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I have rarely eaten better fish anywhere. Everything beautifully fresh and imaginatively prepared. Not exactly cheap but worth every penny

Visited July 2014
Eastcote, United Kingdom
“Great Fish Restaurant”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We visited Neils on the second night of our stay at Woodlands. It was a Saturday night and the restaurant was packed. Fortunately we had booked (online). The restaurant seemed to have lots of regulars always a good sign. The welcome and service was excellent bettered only by the food.
We had prawn fritters followed by Sea Bass for myself and Baked Cod for my wife. Both again were excellent. We also had a bottle of the win of the month which again was very nice. Although I was full I had try to banana and rum triffle which was excellent. All in all one of the best seafood restaurants I have ever been to. The cost was about £80 for two.
My only negative is that we live about 200 miles from this restaurant otherwise we would be frequent visitors.

Visited August 2014
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

A real pleasure to return to this wonderful restaurant. Very well run and amazing food. Very good value and good wine. We will be coming back very soon.

• Visited August 2014
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Revisit”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Been to this restaurant several times and the food is consistently excellent. Service is efficient but there is a slight lack of warmth and that the waitresses are there just to do their job which I suppose is fair enough!

• Visited August 2014