“Excellent food at very reasonable prices” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 78 Restaurants in Sidmouth
Price range: US$12 - US$19
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: In the town centre of Sidmouth, opposite the Sidmouth Conservative Club and cinema.
Belfast
“Excellent food at very reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

We regularly eat Indian food and this was definitely one of the best. We didn’t realise it operated a 'bring your own alcohol' but there is a Tesco Express right next door. You can also purchase soft drinks in the restaurant. The restaurant is quite small but they do take bookings. I would definitely visit again and would recommend it.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Valerie K

Swanage, United Kingdom
“How can food be this good?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Just incredible food. Take your own alcohol and have an incredible value meal which will knock your socks off.

Visited April 2014
“Amazing curry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Came here on the off chance and ate a curry in. I had a chicken Korma and asked for a bit of spice in it! Was amazing! Best I've had! Keep it up guys!

“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Myself and my partner have regularly ordered take out food from tandoori. All I will say is never again.

We have recently had a bad experience where we were not charged correctly and the order was completely messed up. When I rung up to query this, the staff were extremely unhelpful. After speaking to a number of staff, and explaining what had happened I eventually got cut off. Even though they had previously written down my number they never called me back, when I rung them back their was the feeble excuse that the use of the card machine cut the phone off......I maybe wrong but I am not aware this happens! There apology was also as bad as the excuse. I found the staff to be extremely rude and very unhelpful which did not help the issue of we were missing food.

I have also recently found their pricing extremely high for what you actually get and their has been a noticeable change in there food, for example I use to order the korma but had to stop as the chicken tasted odd on a number of occasions.

We will not be ordering here again.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank c19thlit
Cheshire
“Had better..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Went hear on Saturday for early meal. Very busy place only a 22 seat restaurant but phone was red hot for takeaway. Bring your own drink is a great idea. The food was okay but we both agreed the mixed kebab and curry were underseasoned . The best part was the naan bread, fresh and probably the best i`ve ever had (outside of India) but i can`t rate a meal just by the quality of bread alone. I`m sure this place is busy no matter about the reviews, everyone loves a ruby..

• Visited January 2014