“Crevettes to die for!”

Ranked #28 of 82 Restaurants in Sidmouth
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We visited this rerstaurant for my Godmother's 80th on Saturday 17th November 2012 at lunchtime. Wonderful friendly welcome followed by food that was simply out of this world. Several of us had crevettes in garlic butter which were huge (4 of them) and stacked up on a delicious pool of garlic butter, I have eaten a lot of crevettes/prawns/langoustines in my time and these were among the best. Mussells followed which were very good as was the garlic creamy sauce. My husband had the best rump steak, chips and salad he has had in a very long time and other great tasty hearty dishes included rabbit casserole and a coq au vin that was delightful and generous - it came in a cassoulet dish and there were two drumsticks and two thighs with a delicious thick sauce, the vegetables and potatoes and bread were all very good. This is an incredibly reasonable pub and I cannot wait to return on my next visit to Devon! P.s. the staff were also very good with my 2 year old which is always a relief!

1  Thank Caroline H

Reviewed 10 November 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed an evening out with our family whilst staying nearby. The food was all of a high standard and the service was efficient and friendly. There is a very big menu but everything we chose seemed freshly prepared. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 9 November 2012

Visited for lunch in the middle of October when the restaurant was very busy. Despite this our meals arrived very quickly.

My steak was superb, cooked just as I like it (medium to rare), tender & succulent. My fellow diners thoroughly enjoyed their meals including the extremely well presented desserts.

Staff friendly & helpful, a favourite pub for us.

1  Thank Ron P
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Was recommend by a b&b in Sidford, and wasn't disappointed. Didn't book but arrived early evening and was no problem in getting a table, was given a warm welcome, but looked like as the evening went on it would get busier. The chunky fish soup is a must, healthy sized portions excellent and polite service for such a cosy little place.

1  Thank Marscors
Reviewed 22 October 2012

French Chef and he works quite hard on nice food. Muscles seem very popular but they are good all rounders with a nice garden and good beer. Not your usual run of the mill pub food, so worth a visit. Enjoy.