“Change of name but still 1st class”
Review of Hong Kong - CLOSED

Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Used to be Jade Wok but a change of name to Hong Kong. We ate there Friday night, staff were a bit flustered but got over it. Food was served very quick and was Okay. Not sure if staff had been there long but there were a few small issues that one wouldn't expect. Food was good with a good range of wines and beers. A good price as well. Would I eat here again then yes I would as there are not to many Chinese restaurants in Sidmouth. I would recommend trying it if you like Chinese food.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Used the restaurant for years under different owners. The new owner is doing a great job, friendly staff and great food

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Deluxe Hor D'oevre - nothing deluxe about this starter. Seaweed (shredded cabbage) chewy, spare ribs chewy, chicken satay well overcooked and spring rolls empty with a sauce inside, probably bought in bulk from a cash and carry. Main course, tasted slightly better than it looked, including, yung chow rice, rendang beef, sweet and sour chicken (Hong Kong style) and special foo yung. However, there must have been an excessive supply of onions, as it came in bulk with the Hors D'oevre and all the other dishes. I feel the quality and value for money is poor. Such a shame, we were looking forward to good chinese food.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The egg fried rice was fluffy and not at all greasy - really good.

The rest of the food was nice too and the current owners have introduced food warmers which I always think are essential as I am a slow eater and my food is cold before I have finished without them.

My only minor complaint would be that there was not quite enough sauce with the crispy duck and pancakes but I suppose I could have asked for more and would next time.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Took my wife last night and had the best meal and pleasure for a long time.
Crispy Duck was great and the Malaysian curry to die for.
Not expensive but really good with friendly professional service.
Highly recommended and will be back regularly now we have found you.

1  Thank paul w