Sidmouth Harbour Hotel
US$187
US$171
Agoda.com
1,002 results
All reviewscourtyard roombuilding workcomplimentary gin and sherryservice chargewhite company toiletriessea viewcoffee machinesteam rooma la carte menurestaurant managerconnaught gardensspa facilitieslovely hotelsmall balconyoutdoor poolset menujacobs ladder
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We spent a very comfortable weekend in a room with a sea view. Our bed room wasn't amazing but was value for money. The communal rooms, however, are of a very high standard with lots of space to relax and enjoy the surroundings. The evening meal was a real highlight and we were disappointed that restaurant was fully booked on the second evening of our stay (our fault for not booking in advance). The many staff were all very helpful and made us feel most welcome. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We have just returned from a few days away at 'The Westcliff' it was has been a regular favourite with my parents for many years. We had a ground floor room which was a little tired but perfectly clean and tidy and as other people have said I expect these rooms will be updated during the current renovation. The staff were polite and charming. I was a little worried and wondered if they would be able to cope with my diet but this was no problem at all - the dining staff were well informed and dishes were altered so that I could chose from the main menu - I was very impressed and hope that we are able to return in the near future

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Just returned from a weekend break at the Sidmouth Harbour Hotel -The Westcliff, we had a wonderful time! The room was lovely with views over the bay. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful, it was our anniversary, so we were delighted to find a card and chocolates in our room, such a thoughtful touch which made our stay all the more special. We will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: rooms at the front would be quieter during the week while the building work is being carried out. (no work is done at the weekend)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We had read that there was building work so knew what to expect. Room first class for our two elderly dogs, on the ground floor and easy access for them. Our room was a little tired but expect that will change once all the renovation is complete.

Views superb as was the food and service.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Biddys78
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed here about 3 years ago and couldn't fault it but we were so disappointed with our trip this time. We were told there was a little work being carried out to the car park but only during the weekdays. This is totally untrue, the work is extensive and the workmen were there all weekend. The hotel is in need of complete refurbishment, its tatty and felt unclean, I think they should shut the hotel until the new building is complete.

We booked a sea view feature double. Where do I start, it wasn't particularly clean, it was small with the smallest, most ill equipped bathroom I have ever seen. The double bed was two singles pushed together, but one was a couple of inches higher than the other and was on a slant, I spent all night falling into the middle of the beds, didn't sleep and had a bad back in the morning. We asked to be moved and they put us in a different room, which was much better and had recently been refurbished. I can only speak for the two rooms we occupied but there seems to be very poor water pressure, whether this has anything to do with the building works I do not know. Washing the shampoo out of my hair took forever! And you need to start filling the bath a long time before you need it!

When we previously stayed the food had been very good, fine dining. This was the biggest disappointment for us. Do not believe that the a la carte menu displayed outside the restaurant is actually what you'll be able to have. We were surprised at how small the menu choice had become but as we both liked the sound of the lemon sole stuffed with lobster mousse. We actually had the choice of steak or curry! They did give us a bottle of wine as we would have eaten somewhere else if we had known earlier. The second night we did eat elsewhere, (Neils, this was excellent).

We hoped breakfast would save the day but that was even worse. We gave our order of full English and it was brought to our table within two minutes, how long ago it had been cooked I do not know but I couldn't get my knife through the black pudding or bacon, it was so dry and hard. The second morning we went across to the Clock Tower cafe in the gardens, the food there is
excellent, good quality produce and freshly cooked.

The service is good and they did change our room without argument but we definitely will not be going back!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms on the second floor seem to be the refurbished ones. Do not accept room 15!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple