My wife and I have stayed at the Belmont many times and, on this occasion, a friend also stayed at the hotel.
Over the many years we have been going to the hotel the accomodation, food and service from the staff have been excellent but there are some very minor issues/preferences (not complaints) that we would just mention which are as follows:-
1. Ensure that a full compliment of coat hangers is in each wardrobe and, if possible increase the number made available.
2. When any member of staff is looking to enter the room ask them to wait a short time before opening the door. On this visit and a previous visit the door has been opened before allowing enough time for the occupant to answer the door - possibly embarassing to both parties. Suggest the member of staff should knock twice as separate actions and to wait a reasonable time before opening the door.
3. Housekeeping staff should ensure that all items that should be left in the room are in fact put there. On this occasion no box of tissues and on previous occasions no tolet rolls, no bottled water, no face cloths. These are all separate occurences and relatively minor matters which were quickly resolved but should not have arisen.
4. Personal preference of my wife and I - please put black pudding on the breakfast menu.
Regardless of the above comments my wife and I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough with special mention for the efforts of all the staff we have met and we look forward very much to our next visit
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Belmont Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belmont Hotel Sidmouth
- The Belmont Hotel Sidmouth, Devon