Stayed one night prior to Christmas. If you have yearning for the high standards in English hotels then the Royal York & Faulkner Hotel will not disappoint. The rooms are pleasing and restful, spacious with lofty ceiling, well furnished. No need to sit on your bed here. The hotel complex has a number of lounges for the use of clients. Of special note is the restaurant. Very nice function suite, quaint wood panelled room, delighted in the fact that the cutlery was not your thin, boring, disposable 'irons' that seems these days to be the hallmark of some hotel. Enjoyed a generous afternoon tea, a superb, multi choice evening meal, very hearty breakfast, a sea view balcony room all within the price. Great family owned hotel with a respect for traditions. Have lost counts of the number of times we have stayed here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This magnificent Regency hotel enjoys an unrivaled position at the centre of Sidmouth’s elegant Esplanade, overlooking the sea and adjacent to the picturesque town centre. Owned and personally run by the Hook family, resident proprietors for three generations, the hotel has a long standing reputation for hospitality and service. The property, having undergone expensive though careful refurbishment, is beautifully appointed with all amenities, excellent facilities and a stunning new spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Royal York & Faulkner Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal York And Faulkner Hotel
- Royal York & Faulkner Hotel Sidmouth, Devon