“Really Good”

Price range: US$20 - US$41
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: A small intimate friendly restauarnt offering local produce at reasonable prices. Crisp white table linen and fresh flowers. An impressive wine list. All set in relaxed surroundings
Reviewed 8 February 2011

Every effort was made to make my evening special as it was my birthday! I have a dietary intolerance and this was discussed at the point of booking.
The table was decorated for a birthday celebration and was admired by everyone. This has never been done for me before at any resaurant and I thought it was a lovely touch.
I had my own special menu and again this has never been done before.
The food was very good and I even was able to have a dessert which I don't usually as everything seems to be full of cream.
I congratulate the owners Jonathan and Kate on their attention to detail and we hope to go back again soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2010

Very nice restaurant with very friendly service and a nice atmosphere. We all enjoyed our meal here,tables are nicely spaced out so you are not right on top of other diners and there was a decent gap between each serving. The homemade bread was fantastic, all of the courses were very nicely presented and very tasty. My only complaint was that all four of us chose beef steak for main and I drew the short straw and got a slightly gristly cut of meat. When I commented to the others at the table they said that their meat was perfect and melt in the mouth,maybe I was just a bit unlucky. The wine was nice with a nice selection to meet all budgets. The cheese and biscuits were amazing,some really exceptional local cheeses,one of them among the best I have ever tasted. The place has got two rosettes and is well worth a visit for a three course meal of a night costing £27,lunch is good value too I believe. It is also nice to have friendly owners and staff who are happy to serve you and make conversation with you without being too over-bearing.

Reviewed 22 September 2009

Moore's restaurant is a hidden gem in an area where it is difficult to find a good restaurant There is a daily changing lunch menu with 2 courses for around £15. The evening menu is more expensive.Tables are spacious with proper tablelinen and flowers dotted around.The atmosphere is very friendly with many regular diners.Recommended.

2  Thank Aart8
Reviewed 11 August 2009

We live locally and run a guest house. Having had lots of positive feedback from visitors who have eaten at Moores, we decided to go ourselves. We were not disappointed the food was lovely and the service excellent.

1  Thank Pam F