“Sorry, not impressed”

Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I recently met a friend for lunch and I am sorry but we were not impressed. The prices are quite high, I ordered a jacket potato with cheese and coleslaw, but I was stunned when the potato arrived - it was not much bigger than a big hens egg and for nearly £7 I think that is very poor value. If I had been given a decent sized potato it would have been OK. I don't think we will be back.

Tony B, Owner at The Restaurant at Sidmouth Garden Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Clive, we're very sorry you were less than impressed on your visit to the restaurant. We always aim to provide quality food and value for money and it's obvious in this case that we didn't meet expectations.
We would prefer to correct any disappointments at the time and if you had spoken to one of our staff I'm sure we could sorted things out for you. Saying that it shouldn't have happened in the first place.
We do hope you that you'll give us another chance so that we can do better next time.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We returned for a Sunday lunch/brunch after a less than illuminating experience here about 3 years ago when we found the service abrupt and unhelpful. I have to be honest and say we were pleasantly surprised this time. My wife opted for the nutloaf roast which she found delicious. I fancied the bubble and squeak with egg/bacon (without the bacon) and the lady who served us was both pleasant and flexible in her approach, offering a substitute for the bacon.
We will come again, thank you.

1  Thank oldrunnerExeter
Tony B, Owner at The Restaurant at Sidmouth Garden Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

I'm very sorry you had a less than perfect experience on your last visit, but very grateful you gave us another chance, and are more than happy that you found our food and service up to standard this time. Many thanks for the review.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

this is a very pleasant place for lunch, service is quick and efficient and the food excellent.
A wide choice of hot and cold food and mouth watering cakes. Salads are very attractive as are the surroundings. would reccommend

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We've been coming to the garden centre now for years and always make a point of stopping for lunch. The food is top quality (although a little expensive) and if you're not so hungry you can ask for a small portion which is at a reduced price. Many people come every week and are well looked after by the staff. The cakes are also very good. And in summer there's a nice terrace to sit out on with views over the hills.

1  Thank Ripon_Couple
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Love it all and sitting out in the summer - fab decking area. Could do with a few fans to cool indoor seating environment if we have another proper hot summer like 2013.