“I can see why people have reviewed this hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Leeway Hotel

Leeway Hotel
Ranked #3 of 184 Scarborough B&B and Inns
Worksop, United Kingdom
“I can see why people have reviewed this hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stay here in September 2013. The Hotel was clean, the rooms comfortable and warn with a good selection of pillows. The breakfast was very good, the owners are friendly and nothing appeared to much trouble. The hotel is situated on the front with great views over the north bay and only a ten minutes walk to the centre. we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for one over looking the sea or top room at the rear.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank john m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

spotless.lovely location.and a lovely welcome .the views from our rooms were superb.the breakfast was lovely .we enjoyed ourselves that much we wanted to extend our stay sadly, the leeway were fully booked .but i wasnt surprised.we would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: go for a sea veiw room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank sunkissedjan_13
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

We have recently returned from a weekend stay at the Leeway. From parking the car in front of the hotel to checking in, the whole process was easy and relaxed. We were lucky enough to have a sea view room, from which the views were breathtaking! Our room was cosy and spotlessly clean with gorgeous egyptian cotton bedding. The breakfast choice was fantastic and all served on a modern white dinner service; I particularly recommend the individual fruit salads which were freshly made and tasted amazing. There is no doubt that this will now be our 'go to' place when stopping in Scarborough.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sally M
Leicester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

I needed somewhere to stay in Scarborough as a base for an event I was going to. When I did my research I was finding hotels and bed & breakfasts coming up at silly prices a there was a big Goldwing event in the town but I was pleased to find The Leeway at a price I could afford.

Having only paid £35 for the night I didn't have my sights very high but I was very pleasantly surprised.

The single room I had was on the first floor (room number 2) and is ideal for a lone traveler with a wider than average bed and a lovely view across the sea and towards Castle Hill. There were more than adequate facilities with tea and coffee in abundance (could probably have done with a bit more milk but that is being extremely picky), a hair dryer and then a travel sewing kit and shower gel/shampoo in the bathroom.

There was a TV with a variety of channels both TV and radio, a small wardrobe, chest of drawers and a chair that I enjoyed sitting in and watching/listening to the waves down at the beach.

Talking of the beach it took me all of 2 minutes to walk down Chain Hill with its "gym" and a bus stop for the Shoreline Suncruiser open top that does the round trip to the Spa and back along the seafront - £4 for an all day ticket.

Anyway - back to the B&B - the owners are very friendly and approachable and went out of their way to make sure I could get a lovely breakfast earlier than their standard serving times of 8am as I had to get away early. The breakfast options were a variety of cooked breakfasts, fruit salad (fresh fruit not tinned and beautifully presented), cereals and croissants.

Most importantly though, despite the excellent room price, the owners didn't skimp with cheap accessories. There was a proper ceramic teapot (not one of those vile stainless steel ones that leak everywhere), lovely slate table mats and napkin rings that were solid and pretty. Too often a cheap accommodation is reflected in its accessories and this was not the case here. It was also very clean. Even the ornate coving in the bedroom was free from the inevitable cobweb that you nearly always find.

A previous reviewer had mentioned that they had an issue with controlling the temperature of the shower on high - the one in my room was spot on so it ay just have been in their room.

Parking along this road is potentially an issue as there are a lot of B&Bs along there but there is space for 4 cars on the drive and the owners will provide you with a disc should you not be able to get on there. This is so much better than a lot of the places along there who charge or a day parking pass (one was £20 per day!!) or for a disc (my friends were charged £6 for theirs!).

If I was in Scarborough without my family again I would certainly visit The Leeway first to see if they have a vacancy. It's just a shame (from my normal travel requirements) that they don't allow children but I can understand why.

There is also a bar but as I was at an event I didn't use that faciity bt the residents who did use it seemed happy enough :D
Oh - and finally - how nice was it to sleep on a bed that was firm, didn't squeak or feel like it was flimsy and was comfortable! :D

Room Tip: Sea views are nicer than the street view I reckon.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Georgie B
Halifax, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

We have just spent a weekend at the hotel/guesthouse ( 7/8th September 2013) ABSOLUTELY superb ! Lovely comfortable and clean room, a lovely couple who have just recently taken the place on and they couldn't have done more for us. The breakfast was lovely and all round it left you with a lovely, homely feeling from the place. Adequate parking outside, based on the North Marina side of the town but an easy walk in to find other amenities.....just the weekend break we were looking for,,,,We'll be back !

Room Tip: They are all good !
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
carlisle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stayed for 3 nights midweek and had a lovely time.

Our room was on the top floor which kept us fit and the room was small but had everything that was needed. The only downside to the room was the shower, if you had it on high you couldn't control the temperature!

The breakfast was faultless with a very wide range from fruit salad, full english to salmon and bagel.

I would certainly recommend The Leeway to friends and family and will certainly return again.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gillian C
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

The stay couldn't have been made any better , well a truly exceeded my expectations .
Accommodating, clean, tidy and fresh the b&b is a great place to stay.

The room is calm and pretty , big enough, and with a lovely bathroom. The room is modern, furnishings all good quality , everything in the room you need!

The dining area is quite small, but tables are all modern and set out lovely, white table cloths, napkins, white crockery etc. You can help yourself to fresh fruit, cereal , juices etc and order your cooked breakfast . From full english to poached eggs on toast , lots of choice, and don't be afraid to ask for extra toast!

Checking in and out was very quick and simple, although the reception area is just literally as you walk in , but staff are waiting for guest arrival and service is friendly and prompt!

There is a little bar, it's a little dated , but looks cosy and comfy. We didn't drink there, but it was quiet and i'm sure pleasant to sit for a couple before bed.

Overall , I would reccommed this hotel for couples old and young, the north bay is lovely and quiet, very scenic and not far from the south bay (main part).

I would happily return to the Leeway , it had a lasting impression and exceeded my expectations of a seaside break!

Room Tip: We stayed in Number 9, top of the house, great sea view. The room was very quiet and dark at night.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple