“Not the best....tired and grotty”
Review of Scarborough Playzone - CLOSED

Scarborough Playzone
More attraction details
Owner description: Scarborough Playzone is North Yorkshires biggest indoor play centre. It is in the town centre with free parking and free on street parking. We cater for children’s private parties and there is lots of fun and activities for all children from 0 - 12 years. Even parents can play too.
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We visit ed PlayZone when we were in holiday near Scarborough. I got a leaflet and thought it looked good. Sadly it was not. We left very disapointed. The place was really tired and grotty outside and I was dubious about going in. When we arrrived it was fairly quiet but we were left standing at the entrance gate for a member of staff to admit us and serve us. We rang the bell and waited and waited. While we were waiting I had a look around. Despite being quiet the tables needed cleared in the cafe and the place just looked old and grotty. I have visited loads of soft play centres and this one is in need of investment and refurbishment. After waiting and being ignored we decided just to leave. I wasn't keen to let our child play there. It didn't look too clean and the service was terrible. Instead we drive up to Whitby to MINI MONSTERZ . It was brilliant and best of all it was clean, up to date, and fresh and the staff were great.

1  Thank ScottishTraveller011

Reviewed 11 June 2011

I have a 6 year old daughter and even though we live in Whitby where there is lots to do and a really good indoor play area(minimonsterz). When I ask my daughter what she wants to do she always says daddy let's go to playzone. We've been going since she was 2. The staff have always been friendly. The owners are lovely and can't do enough to make sure you enjoy your time there. I particularly like the fact adults are allowed in the play area as when I first went with my daughter she didn't want to go In on her own. 5 minutes later I was left going down the slides on my own as shed made s dozen new friends but hey that's kids for you but don't you love it ! Reasonable prices for what they offer, clean, fun and friendly. Honest food. Fruit n healthy choices on offer. If the weathers inclement n were in Scarborough you'll find us smiling n in playzone ... Love it!

1  Thank gazzmoo
Reviewed 10 May 2011

i prefer little hoppers.you only have a limited time for play food is a rip off and the staff are just rude.if you want to take your kids to a indoor play area then go to little hoppers in eastfield ample free parking children can stay all day if they wish huge portions frendly staff and a crafts area

1  Thank mummysrgr8
Reviewed 20 March 2011

we have just had my grandaughters 6th b/party,and decided to have a cold buffet rather than cooked meal,there was more than enough to go round,and included carrot and cucumber sticks along with the usual sandwiches and sausages etc.we opted for chocolate cornflake cakes rather than ice cream.this meant that the children could keep coming back and picking rather than have their play interrupted,which after all was the whole point of going.the staff were very attentive and kept asking if there was anything else we needed.and best of all the adults could just sit back and chill out!!

Reviewed 19 September 2010

I take the kids regularly to Playzone, especially on rainy days and they thoroughly enjoy it and never get bored there. Personally from an adult's point of view, i would love to sit and have a bite to eat and a coffee but i refuse the pay the prices, i mean £4,50 for chips with mushroom sauce is terrible. I notice most other people don't drink or eat there either...lower the prices and they will!

3  Thank DomDoll