“Great food!!”

Ranked #13 of 369 Restaurants in Scarborough
Price range: US$7 - US$34
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: One of the most popular restaurant in the area. Happy Hour every day from 5.00 until 7.00 PM. Famous for its good food, good value & good service. VOTED AS THE 2014 & 2015 WINNER OF THE BEST RESTAURANT IN SCARBOROUGH. Also selected as one of the top 20 pizzerias in the UK ON HOLIDAY LETTINGS BY TRIP ADVISOR.
Reviewed 11 May 2014

It was very busy and the atmosphere was amazing! The Garlic and Tomato pizza starter as always it was delicious has to be the best in Scarborough!!! I ordered a Florios Special Pizza for my main course it came with a great selection of assorted toppings too numerous to mention and tasted fantastic.
My girlfriend ordered Ham and Pineapple Pizza which I did try a slice!! once again cooked to perfection. There is a excellent choice on the menu not just pizzas and pasta also great value wine as well as food at around £13 litre bottle. Keep it up Florios one of the best!!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I visit Florio's fairly often, usually when we're organising a group meal, and the great thing about it is that it's unpretentious, cheap n cheerful, family-friendly, welcoming, atmospheric, and offers good Italian food and drinks at a very fair price. Kids love it. It's always busy. You need to book, and you may have to wait, or surrender your table by an agreed time for second seating. The service is super-swift, friendly and efficient. The food is tasty and hot - all your Italian faves and classics, great for pizza, pasta, meat dishes and puds. Wine is affordable. Every five minutes a cake appears with sparklers on it and the waiters launch into another "Happy Birthday" for yet another party, and everyone joins in. When our amateur musical group eats there, and bursts into spontaneous song after the meal, the staff and diners look on with amusement and indulgence (and occasionally join in). Florio's does what it say on the tin, and for an unpretentious, affordable Italian, perfect for groups, parties and families, you couldn't do better. Definitely not right, though, for a romantic, intimate, relaxed, special dinner for two!

2  Thank Timster2014
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I booked for Saturday night due to the great reviews and that I expected it too be busy.We were a little late due to taking a wrong turn but when we did arrive it was busy so I went straight to the bar to explain.We got our drinks and were asked to take a seat.A waiter then took usto a table which was clearly for a bigger party.We couldnt even hear ourselves speak due to noise and distance between us.Another table became available so I enquired to see if we could move and we were told no.....but then she said we could move so I was pleased.Our order was taken and our food arrived.Main courses of Steak which were good.I asked for our bill.When it came my partner put the cash down.When the waiter took the cash he said "you want change?" Now I always leave a tip normally10% but this would have made it 25%.I didnt like the tone or the presumption.I said no but he never brought it back.I went to the cash desk to ask about the change and it had alrwady been put in their tip box.Neadless to say I was given it back and left 5%. If this hadnt happened and the staffs attitude had been better it woukd have been a 4.A real shame

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Ate here during the Easter holidays, for the first time, although we are regulars in Scarborough. Have to say, the food was fab!!!!! Portions were HUGE and the staff were very friendly and obliging. My boys, aged 12 and 8 loved it! Calamari was fresh - not the awful "rings" that are passed off as calamari, but the whole thing, just like we have had abroad (tenticles etc) in a light batter. The garlic mushrooms are scrummy and the lasagne equally so. Pizzas and garlic bread just to our liking (thin base). Wine is pretty reasonable - litre of merlot is £12 - although we only had a couple of glasses. It is a busy restaurant, but we did not have to wait long for food. It was hot and as previously stated, plentiful. Happy hour is between 5 and 7. So lovely, great value for money and we have booked for the hubster's birthday! Highly recommended!

1  Thank HolidayLover12456
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Visited both nights that we stayed in Scarborough recently, and got the name of the restaurant from the owner of the hotel where we stayed (The Rockside, reviewed separately).

First night, we turned up, with no reservation, and despite it being very busy, the staff got a table for 4 for us after five minutes. The food was excellent, the kids menu was more than adequate, particularly the fact that the pizza toppings could be varied! Coupled with the fact that between 5 and 7 it is happy hour, so the food bill for two main courses and two kids meals was a fraction over twenty quid. We enjoyed it so much we made a reservation for the following night - different choices, same excellent quality!

I particularly enjoyed the lasagne :)

3  Thank Peter A