“Great Food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Florios Pizzeria Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 353 Restaurants in Scarborough
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: One of the most popular restaurant in the area. Happy Hour every day from 5.00 until 7.00 PM. Famous for its good food, good value & good service. VOTED AS THE 2014 & 2015 WINNER OF THE BEST RESTAURANT IN SCARBOROUGH. Also selected as one of the top 20 pizzerias in the UK ON HOLIDAY LETTINGS BY TRIP ADVISOR.
Middlesbrough
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Visited here a few times this year now (2014) and will say that it is ALWAYS busy, booking is a must. Having said that, last two visits we did book but found that if you are a regular or friend of the people who run the place it gives you a "pass" to jump the queue. Sometimes a 40 minute wait. Cannot fault the food, and the prices are reasonable too.
Definitely worth trying if you haven't been.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank MrsJudd25

Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Great food, great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Well florios is a top restaurant, gorgeous food, cheap and they also do takeout.
The only thing I would mention is that it gets very busy and noisy!! This can be annoying to some, but atmosphere for others.It all depends on you I guess.
There is a fun game you can play there,bet on how many times you hear happy birthday come on the stereo system, when you have been you will know what I mean!

• Visited April 2014
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Must visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Homely family friendly good Italian food upbeat lovely staff def worth a visit
My daughter keeps taking us back
Casual atmosphere
Sparkler for any occasion with a song !

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Rtn2012
Holidaymaker9876
“Lacks any organisation. Do people only go here on birthdays?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Went here on a Saturday night due to having a short break in Scarborough.

A taxi driver recommended this place and on arrival the 4.5 star Tripadvisor rating printed on the door looked promising.

Inside the place was busy. There was already people waiting on tables next to the bar. We added to this queue.

First impressions was the place was a bit tired looking. All the fixtures, furniture and styling is from many years ago.

I then ordered drinks at the bar. You can't add drinks ordered at the bar to your table. The first sign of a real lack of organisation and communication in the restaurant.

I handed over £20 for the drinks and was given change of just £10. Call me cynical but I just didn't believe it was an honest mistake at the time. I genuinely believe this was an effort to rip me off and hope I'd not notice.

After a wait we were shown to our table. Then we had to wait ages for anyone to come near us. Nobody seemed to come near our section and other customers were clearly frustrated too.

Nobody had any command of the restaurant and when we finally grabbed a waiter, food was served quickly.

It was near impossible to get further attention to order more drinks, so we didn't even bother. It was too much effort trying to pay attention hoping that you'd manage to grab someone on the way past.

We all opted for various Pizzas and they were all good. No complaints on that front.

The deserts were all very forgettable though. The trio of chocolate sounding great on the menu but failed to be anything more that a tasteless lump on a plate.

The other think that irked me was the endless clumsy interruptions to the music to play happy birthday over and over. Each time there would be a large pause before happy birthday was played, then the music would go on to some other silly kiddie track before someone stopped it again.

Over two courses happy birthday was played 7-8 times and it just got too much. I feel this would be fine for a kid's play park, but this is a restaurant where most people want to
relax and enjoy their meal.

The Pizzas were good. Everything else wasn't.

Hard to believe a restaurant that is nearly 30 years old had quite possibly the worst organised service I've seen in a restaurant. It really is shockingly poor.

I've given 3 stars as my overall score and that is being very generous.

Service quite rightly gets just a 1 star.

• Visited August 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Excellent food and friendly, helpful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Floios is always busy and loud. It is a place with a great atmosphere and excellent Italian food. We have eaten there many times and would highly recommend it to anyone, particularly for special occasions. All the staff are friendly and efficient and really make you feel welcome and important to them. The house wines are delicious and I can't rate the food highly enough. I love the place.

Visited August 2014