“A warm Yorkshire welcome!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Ashcroft Hotel
Ranked #52 of 184 Scarborough B&B and Inns
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“A warm Yorkshire welcome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

My husband and I recently went on a mini-break where we stayed at the Ashcroft Hotel.

During our time there, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We received a warm and friendly welcome from the outset, the breakfasts were fantastic, the room and hotel in general was spotlessley clean, and the ambience was relaxed and comfortable.

The hotel is also great value for money, offers good off street parking facilities and is owned by two of the most helpful people you will ever meet!

I would wholly recommend this hotel to anybody looking to visit Scarborough. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Janet R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Keighley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Came to the Ashcroft for our first visit this weekend, as we couldn't get into our usual guest house.. We were not disappointed. The breakfast was excellent and we had a lovely room with everything that we needed. Indeed I am sure that whatever we had required, it would have been catered for. Great parking facilities too..Excellent hospitality and well worth a return visit..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Katy B
sheffield UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Just returned home from a weekend at the Ashcroft.What a little gem! Everything spotlessly clean.Breakfast brilliant .Owners very attentive, nothing too much trouble.
It doesn't matter that this hotel is owned by my cousin and her husband - everyone gets the same service - spot-on in every way.
My brother and his wife over from the states, a cousin and her husband I had not seen in 14 years plus a nephew and his wife we had not seen recently,lovely weather great hosts what more could we ask.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Gill C
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Had a great stay here, value for money, very clean, nothing was too much trouble. The owners went out of their way to be helpful and catered for special requests for breakfast although it was excellent anyway. Good service and encountered no problems. On site parking is a bonus as Scarborough it all permit parking.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Stephanie C
North Berwick, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed in a single room for 2 nights in mid May. I was visiting family, back in my home town , so knew my way about, but the hosts were very welcoming and happy to help with anything. They were friendly and chatty without being intrusive. Room was comfortable and clean. Easy to park my car at the front of the hotel. I will go back sometime when I come home and it is not possible to stay with my parents again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Mark H
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Spent 3 nights during Easter in a single room (no. 1). VERY comfy double bed, choice of 3 different pillows sizes (I hate hotels with one pillow so thick you almost sleep in a sitting position!), very clean room and hotel in general, and definitely the nicest hotel owners I've ever met in my life. Friendly, helpful, fulfilling your every wish before you even say it! And they even refunded me £3 which hotel.com charged me over their rates! Unbelievable. Let me make it clear - you will NOT be disappointed while staying in this hotel. Many thanks, guys, I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Single room no. 1 faces east, so you're waking up into a room full of sunshine (weather permitti...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank Tomas D
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We arrived on friday quite late on in the evening. The propriators were still warm and welcoming ensuring we had everything we needed. The room we were in number 2 was very clean and met all our needs. The first morning we had a wonderful english cooked breakfast. Yummy. The 2nd day we had kippers with scrambled and poached egg all of which was cooked to perfection.
There was a lovely touch of little choccy easter eggs and bunnies with happy easter and the toiletries were also a lovely touch.
The propriotors could not do enough to make our short but sweet stay enjoyable. We will be back again and be booking your b&b.
We will also tell our friends and family to come and stay when in the area.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple