“A special gem”

Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“A special gem”
Reviewed 28 August 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of a 200-mile coast-to-coast bike ride, for some pampering at the end of the tour. We could not have chosen better. Helen was so friendly and welcoming, both on the phone and in person. She clearly works incredibly hard but is unfailingly friendly and warm. Our room was quiet, beautifully decorated in calm, tranquil colours and the bedding was luxuriously soft. We instantly felt at home, making full use of the sauna, outdoor hot tub and studio - and the free fruit bowl! The whole ambience was one of serenity, and the treatments were sensational - especially Helen's full body Swedish massage, and Hadim's African massage. The weather was rainy most of the time we were there, or we would have made more use of the zen garden which has been expertly and imaginatively created. Breakfasts were delicious, and there were plenty of areas to sit and relax, with no feeling whatsoever that you had to get out of there during the day. Really excellent value in terms of both accommodation and treatments. We just feel lucky to have found Fountains Court, and hope to return.

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Loopsong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
London
Reviewed 24 August 2011

As I'd made a last minute decision to go to Scarborough for the weekend (I'm a regular visitor), I decided to book Fountain's and see what it was all about. I've looked before, but wasn't sure a 'holistic health hotel' was for me... (I'm somewhere in the middle on matters spiritual/holistic). Once I'd booked I decided to go the whole hog and book a few treatments too. I would definitely go back. Helen, Cath and the other staff were really welcoming and I felt immediately at home. I often go to Scarborough alone for some space but it's still nice to feel like a guest rather than just a room number in a larger hotel. I had an EFT session and massage on Saturday and a pedicure on Sunday all of which were very nice - and reasonable too (though I live in London so everywhere seems reasonsable). The hot tub was lovely and the sauna (though I recommend letting it heat up a bit before you get in). What I really liked about Fountain's was that everything has been done thoroughly and with care. From the outdoor showers by the hot tub, to the towelling robes in the room, it's all been done really nicely and you feel you are somewhere where people care about your experience whilst you're there.

Room Tip: If possible, get a room at the back - it wasn't a huge problem but there is noise from people go...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank LondonClaireP
Newcastle-under-Lyme UK
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My Mum and I spent 3days at Fountains court recently. Both of us have specific health problems and we were hoping for a tailor-made package to take account of these. We could not have been happier. Helen, her family and the staff extended such a warm and sincere welcome, which was maintained throughout our stay, and our every need was catered for - and more! We felt perfectly at ease wandering into the public rooms in our robes and relaxing in the beautiful lounge - the staff were ever vigilant to ensure we were comfortable, monitoring temperature of the rooms and offering us refreshments whenever we needed them - we're sure the staff are mind-readers as they seemed to anticipate our needs before we asked them, but at the same time they were never intrusive. Mum and I had four treatments each, including swedish massage, Indian head massage and reflexology, all with very experienced and knowledgeable therapists and in between therapies either relaxed in the hot tub, in the sun lounge or in the beautiful sauna area or garden.

We both had single rooms, which were very clean and tastefully decorated, with ensuite facilities. The beds were extremely comfortable - I don't know if it was these or the effects of our treatments / hot tub which caused us both to have the best nights' sleep either of us had had in ages. Tea / coffee making facilities were included in the rooms as were flat-screen t.v.s. Breakfast was delicious, with a choice of cereals, fruit, fresh juice and yoghurt followed by a choice of vegetarian hot breakfasts, toast, coffee and tea.

The hotel is situated about 3 minutes' walk from Peaseholm Park and no more than 10 minutes' walk from the sea front. The town centre is about a 5 minute drive in the opposite direction. There's a newsagents and several small cafes nearby as well as a restaurant. We chose to have dinner at the Coachman's Inn at Snainton (about 12 miles away) which we also heartily recommend.

We totally loved the therapies and the hot tub. The therapies were incredibly reasonably-priced compared to many other health hotels we've visited over the years. The welcome and service were second to none and we were made to feel very special throughout the time we spent at Fountains Court. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough - we'll be regular visitors from now on.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2011

We found this hotel by chance on late rooms. it is a fantastic hotel with the extra twist of being a holistic spa.
We made good use of the hot tub, zen garden and finished our stay of with a treatment, which are all resonably priced.
Breakfast was great (Vegetarian) but a good selection.
All the staff here couldnt do enough to make our stay here a great one
We will be back as soon as we can.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dannijane
Wales
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Very pleasant staff and owner. Very restful atmosphere/ambience. Facilities great. Treatments (extra cost) great. Breakfast excellent. Cost very reasonable. Would I go again, definitely yes.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DJones_7
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2010

I couldnt have asked for a better holiday. Throughout the entire week i stayed the staff where immensley helpful, welcoming, and all round fantastic. The food was fantastic, despite me not being a vegetarian i didnt go hungry!! I would suggest this hotel to any one who is looking for an excellent location, with incredible value for money. I loved every second of my holiday here, from chatting to helen about everything, to giving the gorgeous doggy badger some affection. The rooms where beautiful and the facilities where all top notch. I cannot wait to return to this beautiful haven in scarborough.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rose6288
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2010

The hotel offers various therapy treatments, a hot tub, suana and sun garden but as four golfers on a two night stay we did not take advantage of any additional facilities.
Howewever, judged solely on comfort, cleanliness, value for money and good service, this hotel is an excellent place to stay when in Scarborough

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends