“A little piece of heaven”

Fountains Court Holistic Health Hotel
Fountains Court Holistic Health Hotel
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
“A little piece of heaven”
Reviewed 3 November 2012

We came for a short 3 day break to fountains court and have come away feeling relaxed and revived. Food is simple, healthy and nutritious, rooms are lovely and cosy, and treatments are relaxing and beneficial. I received Hopi ear candles, and a massage from a long list of different options. Well satisfied! It was relaxing and calming, I would defiantly recommend to anyone to visit fountains court. Thank you Helen!

Room Tip: Any is fabulous
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Leicestershire
Reviewed 1 October 2012

What a brilliant couple of days, we have just had. I had reflexoligy, back massage and head and shoulder massage, all while my husband was out diving. We stayed in Amber, not a big room but a very restful room. The whole house has a peaceful feel. And Helen and her staff are great. I was a bit wary of a vegitarian breakfast, but there was more than enough to eat and all fresh. If you want a sausage have a sausage, if you want veg have veg, but I just cannot get my head round a vegitarian sausage. (contradiction in terms). We really enjoyed our stay, only about ten of fifteen mins walk from town(leave the car). I will certailly be booking another visit .
Thanks Helen for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Our room was quiet, clean and fresh.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Ripon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Having stayed at Fountains Court 7 times over the last 4 years, Helen and her lovely staff make me feel most welcome. I need a place where I get lovely treatments(booked with professional therapists, as is owner Helen) have simple but delicious vegetarian food and a comfortable bed. I am looked after and come away feeling so much better. I can use any of the hotel facilities eg Zen garden, hot tub, sauna and quiet lounge. In all Fountains hotel is an oasis of calm and friendliness This is one place I can go on my own and not feel intimidated. Helen and Staff do all they can to fit in with your personal needs. I love it there and look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Twin bedded Jade Room at rear of Hotel is comfy and quiet
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank atownson
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Just returned from my second visit to Fountain's Court and will definitely be going again. On both occasions I went on my own and felt totally at ease - unlike most "traditional" hotels / B&B's where I would feel awkward and uncomfortable on my own. I went the second time for a relaxing retreat following a serious illness and came away feeling 100% better! If you are looking for a very homely, comfortable, relaxing place to stay, then this ticks all the boxes.

Since my last visit, the rooms have all been refurbished, and are very tastefully decorated with each one having it's own theme, and are very cosy, clean and comfortable.

Helen really is a wonderful hostess and nothing is too much trouble. I tend to eat mostly vegetarian food anyway, and really enjoyed the healthy food, but Helen is very flexible and will cater for your specific needs.

I tried several treatments from the very extensive list of options on offer and prices are very reasonable. I just wish I lived a bit closer, as I would be there every week for a pamper session!

The hotel is in a perfect location - ideal for strolling down to the beach, minutes away from Peaseholme Park (which is lovely), and not far from the town centre.

This is the perfect place for a relaxing, peaceful break - I am delighted that I have found this gem of a place and look forward to my next visit later this year. Marian (Darlington)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Curlywurly23
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I have visited Fountain's Court 8 times over the past 3 years and have another 3 visits booked in this year! A number of my friends are starting to visit too and they cannot speak highly enough about the hotel. Everyone is different and different hotels appeal to different people and I think it is important to hold this in mind when choosing a B & B. This hotel does what it says on the tin and much more! Firstly the owner Helen is an amazing lady who gives everyone a warm welcome, as do all her staff. There are 7 bedrooms all restyled last year and they are beautifuly decorated and very comfortable. Fountain's Court is a hotel to go to, to unwind and to have the most amazing treatments (see their website) as there are so many to choose from, at very good prices so you can afford to treat yourself! I went to Fountain's Court when I was really exhausted and after a week there I felt restored, had been re-educated about the food I eat - something I requested - and I was ready to face the world again! I am not a vegetarian and yet I love the vegetarian meals Helen cooks in the evenings and feel healthier and fitter after a stay there.
This hotel is ideal for anyone who does therapeutic work or does a demanding, stressful job or for anyone is looking for a peaceful break.
Go to Fountain's Court and find your heaven on earth! If this is the type of break you are looking for you will not be disappointed!
I have gone on my own as well as with friends and met some lovely people there. I have been to the hotel in February, at Easter, in July, September and October and it doesn't matter what the weather is like, or the time of year because this hotel is open all year round and is a jewel in Scarborough because of the work that goes on there. People who live in Scarborough also go in for treatments. I wish this hotel was closer because I would go every week for treatments! You are so lucky people of Scarborough! So if you haven't visited yet - why not???Chris Redfern Nottinghamshire

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Christine R
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I love visiting fountains court, relaxing, freindly, all staff are really helpful and go out of their way to make you feel at home. The food is always freshly prepared and tasty. Always clean, nicely decorated, the whirlpool spa and zen garden are great for relaxation, then you can spoil yourself with a treatment or two... nice quiet location, just near peaseholme park..

Room Tip: All rooms are equally nice! I have been five times and planning to return in a few weeks.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank sandie1969
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I recently stayed at the Fountains Court Hotel. I found it small rather in the style of a Bed and Breakfast. The bedroom was not particularly inviting being rather cluttered and the shower room and tiny hand basin positively awful it was so small.

The food was basic vegetarian and the breakfast portions, which did not include vegetarian sausages or bacon were on the skinny side.

I found the dining room depressing as there was no view from the window. I did not get a holiday feel about this hotel.

The Zen garden was poor and not as I had imagined from the reviews. I think it's hardly worth a mention. It is accessed via steep steps, quite tiny and in need of sprucing up. As a base for treatments, which of course are at extra cost, for convenience this "hotel" may suit some people, but if you are a vegetarian/vegan looking for such dietary requirements, for the money you could do better elsewhere. I certainly would not stay here again!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family