“The perfect retreat” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fountains Court Holistic Health Hotel

Fountains Court Holistic Health Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Scarborough
Fountains Court Holistic Health Hotel
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
“The perfect retreat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a few days in January and can't sing its praises enough. The hotel itself was warm and inviting with a very welcoming and calming atmosphere. The room I stayed in was very pleasant, each room is named after a precious stone and ours was the emerald room. There were great little touches such as a poem about emeralds and the decor kept in keeping with the theme. All the staff were very helpful and always greeted us with a warm smile which made us feel at home. Although I didn't partake in any of the treatments, I heard nothing but good reviews and intend to return to experience them in the near future. The hotel is located a short walk from the bay and there is a lovely park just down the road. So if your looking for a relaxing break which offers real hospitality and a chance to unwind, then I can't recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Theprimesuspect

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

It was my first visit to this hotel. I found it clean and very quiet. Helen and the team were very welcoming and made me feel at home. There were countless treatments available so I opted for the Thai massage and would recommend it to everyone.
The breakfast was was very healthy including different types of cereals. toasts and the option of having scrambled or poached eggs.
The Emerald room was spacious and comfortable. The room was an ensuite room with a clean toilet and shower which was very easy to operate.

Room Tip: The Emerald was a a very quiet room room.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank ntg n
Morecambe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

Helen runs what seem as though they were two boarding houses side by side in a manner far removed from that ethos. Tranquility envelops you as you walk through the door and whoever is on duty has a genuine smile and a real greeting. Helen's mum even lives in the building and emerges for a chat. The ground floor is dedicated to health and a light spirituality that is never allowed to be overpowering - and to breakfast for which there is ample vegetarian choice including poached eggs. I always cook my mushrooms and tomatoes with garlic at home and asked if Helen did. She doesn't normally but next day that was how I was offered them and delicious they were. I was in Scarborough for two nights of Alan Ayckborn plays and three days of the Jazz Festival so I made sure I booked in for 6 massages including an early one on my day of departure. As I'm almost seventy and have been too sedentary my muscles need freeing up. I was progressed through a gentle start to some hard remedial work by a series of therapists chosen by and including Helen in various coloured rooms. During the day on Monday I wanted to read and write and used the comfortable lounge undisturbed beyond the offer of freshly brewed coffee. My bedroom was named after a gemstone rather than numbered as they all are and was of luxury hotel quality, space, comfort and ambience with an easy to operate and effective shower. The cost of bed, breakfast and a daily massage were less together than I have paid many times for a room alone in an anonymous tenement masquerading as a hotel - overall an ideal destination if you want to be thoroughly spoiled on a limited budget within a short walk of station, park, beach and buses.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good quality and tranquil
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank ROYC_10
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

My friend and I stayed here and loved every minute. I have stayed before both by myself and with a different friend and always come away feeling refreshed and relaxed. I usually have a full body massage but all the treatments seem to be really beneficial. My friend had a facial and said she could recommend that. All in all a fantastic few days. Thank you Helen.

Room Tip: all rooms seem good.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

We came for a short 3 day break to fountains court and have come away feeling relaxed and revived. Food is simple, healthy and nutritious, rooms are lovely and cosy, and treatments are relaxing and beneficial. I received Hopi ear candles, and a massage from a long list of different options. Well satisfied! It was relaxing and calming, I would defiantly recommend to anyone to visit fountains court. Thank you Helen!

Room Tip: Any is fabulous
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Leicestershire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

What a brilliant couple of days, we have just had. I had reflexoligy, back massage and head and shoulder massage, all while my husband was out diving. We stayed in Amber, not a big room but a very restful room. The whole house has a peaceful feel. And Helen and her staff are great. I was a bit wary of a vegitarian breakfast, but there was more than enough to eat and all fresh. If you want a sausage have a sausage, if you want veg have veg, but I just cannot get my head round a vegitarian sausage. (contradiction in terms). We really enjoyed our stay, only about ten of fifteen mins walk from town(leave the car). I will certailly be booking another visit .
Thanks Helen for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Our room was quiet, clean and fresh.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Ripon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

Having stayed at Fountains Court 7 times over the last 4 years, Helen and her lovely staff make me feel most welcome. I need a place where I get lovely treatments(booked with professional therapists, as is owner Helen) have simple but delicious vegetarian food and a comfortable bed. I am looked after and come away feeling so much better. I can use any of the hotel facilities eg Zen garden, hot tub, sauna and quiet lounge. In all Fountains hotel is an oasis of calm and friendliness This is one place I can go on my own and not feel intimidated. Helen and Staff do all they can to fit in with your personal needs. I love it there and look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Twin bedded Jade Room at rear of Hotel is comfy and quiet
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo