“Welcoming”

Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
Derby, United Kingdom
“Welcoming”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is a quiet B&B. It's clean, comfy, free car parking and has spacious-stylish rooms. They serve vegetarian breakfast that they are happy to provide at any time of the day. Fruit and water available to help yourself. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Wow ! I'm still buzzing in a truly heightened state of euphoric bliss and feeling totally refreshed, revitalised and ready to rumble following a thoroughly enjoyable, tremendous and much appreciated stay here on 25th to 28th Oct.2013. All the staff were amazing, attentive, friendly and caring (I developed a soft spot for Helen and Gilly). They made my stay all the more fulfilling and worthwhile. The other guests were friendly too ! Relaxation and recuperation (post-operatively) is what I needed and my entire time here was just that. Having carefully chosen and booked various treatments when I originally booked this short break (make sure that You book them to avoid disappointment), it allowed me to totally unwind and "switch off" from my busy World. Proper "Me time". The food was scrumptious and tasty too. Leave your watch at home, there is time aplenty for everything here. I'm very much looking forward to my next stay here next summer, which I will definitely book once my holidays have been confirmed at work. Many thanks once again. #lush
Note: I've given "Sleep Quality" a low score, as I just did not sleep well. I "switched off" and relaxed soooo much over the weekend, I guess I was not tired enough to sleep.

Room Tip: The bedrooms are Gemstone-themed. Choose your favourite.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Hull, UK
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Stayed here twice in the last two weeks. Amazing atmosphere, it feels like a home away from home. Helen is an incredible host, insightful and genuinely caring. I had a number of treatments and thoroughly enjoyed them all. I arrived feeling helpless and left feeling hopeful, this really is a life changing place. The rooms have a lovely feel to them, are comfortable and clean. I am not a vegetarian but I found the food delicious. I would highly recommend Fountains Court. I am already planning my next visit!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank EmilyJ21
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I have now lost count of the number of times I have visited Fountains Court over the past 7 years and still enjoy the peace and quiet, the treatments, rest, relaxation and care given to everyone. I have recommended Fountains Court to a number of people, who once they visit also want to go back! If you want to lose weight, receive treatment for aches and pains in your body or totally de-stress Fountains Court is a wonderful place to go to. I visited at the beginning of August wanting to lose weight and suffering with some fluid retention. After a change to my diet eating Helen's healthy food together with massages and a lymphatic drainage treatment I returned home with less weight and with the fluid retention reduced! It really doesn't matter what time of year you go to Fountains Court as its open all year and for this type of holiday you just wrap up in the right clothes for a bracing walk along the seafront then perhaps book a hot stone massage, have a satisfying vegetarian meal then curl up with a novel in the lounge. I'm not vegetarian but I love Helen's food, never feel hungry and come home restored and recharged.

If you go to this hotel knowing about the treatments, the vegetarian food - although note that Helen will cook chicken and fish dishes - there's everything to like with so many affordable treatments, that you will feel refreshed and restored. Some people have seen the hotel on Four in Bed on TV and the programme did not show the treatments so go and experience the true flavour of Fountains Court. Chris Redfern

Room Tip: A room at the back of the hotel is quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
whitby
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This place,to me,is as close as you get to the perfect place to stay and wind down;get in touch with your inner self and generally relax.

The food is wonderful and the rooms(named after various crystals) are relaxing and comfortable.
Book a treatment or two whilst you stay here,you won't regret it.
I can personally recommend reflexology and acupressure head massage with Helen and aroma facial,crystal healing/reiki with Kim.

Thank you guys,Helen,Kath,Gilly and the lovely Betty-you are all stars!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2013

A good clean peaceful hotel.
Well priced and Very helpfull staff.
I will be returning to this hotel again.
This hotel is a real gem, the massage I had before leaving left me feeling very relaxed and will be back for another one in the future. The hotel is near enough to the town if you fancy eating out,or the north bay if you want a stroll out.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms will be good.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank loloicaq
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I spent my second day in Scarborough here, and what a contrast- as far as the cooking and food was concerned, no competition.. I had a lovely reflexology massage and was treated to lunch in a sparkling clean dining room: A fresh homemade soup and tasty mixed salad wrap. I will certainly stay here when I return to Scarborough. I asked to look at the rooms and they were beautifully clean, simple and modern in harmonising simple colours. A very peaceful, balanced atmosphere- immediately felt better on walking in..It's near to the beach and the coastal path walk , so not far to go for a bracing walk as well. Truly a special place to go for healing or for a rest when you feel tired. But also a place to go to feel safe and happy and have a healthy peaceful holiday and good food. What more could you ask for- a massage maybe? Well that too!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple