“Would definitely go again”

Sunningdale Guest House
Ranked #15 of 183 Scarborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I stayed for two nights in October 12 with my elderly parents. Judith and Dave could not have done more to make our stay a lovely experience. They jiggled rooms about so I could have the single room next to my mum and dad who are quite frail now. They even hired a wheelchair for the weekend which I used to wheel then in turn around Peasholm Park (which is directly opposite to the Guest House) and onto Scarborough front. The rooms were spotless and cosy and the welcome was so genuine and friendly. When I'm with my parents I judge everyone on how they treat these two amazing people who have brought so much joy to so many people's lives. Judy and Dave could not have been kinder. My only concern is I've recommended the Guest House to so many people there won't be vacancies for me and my partner the next time we want to visit!!!! Thank you very much.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Anne H

Reviewed 3 October 2012

We have just had a 2 night stay at the Sunningdale and couldn't asked for a nicer place. We were greated on arrival with a lovely cup of tea by a very pleasant couple. Judy and Dave are very friendly and helpful with lots of knowledge about where to visit and dine in scarborough. The rooms are nicely decorated, a very clean spotless guest house with a fabulous breakfast. We were made very welcome and couldn't fault our stay. I will be recommending the Sunningdale to all our friends and family.

Room Tip: You wont be disappointed.
1  Thank Joanne C
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We stayed for two nights and were made to feel completely welcome by David and Judith. On arrival, we were greeted by both of them with a cuppa and friendly chat, which was great after a long journey and helped us to start relaxing ready for a lovely short break. The rooms are spotless and tastefully decorated to a really high standard. Breakfasts were delicious with David and Judith taking time to chat to you which added to the friendy atmosphere. We would recommend this guest house whole-heartedly to anybody visiting Scarborough.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the sunnindale, David and Judith are very attentive to your needs, nothing is to much for them. It was my birthday on the day we arrived and they put a bottle of wine in our room which was a lovely gesture. The food is excellent and the place is spotless, we have stayed at 5 star hotels but preferred sunnidale it should be 5 star. We will be returning here again next year, if not sooner

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank ercadoow
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Immaculate and very welcoming guest-house - Judy and David are hospitable and friendly. Exceptionally clean rooms, comfy bed, bright sunny dining room with crisp linen-laid tables. The proprietors are there when you need them, but not intrusive. Free refills of tea and coffee on each landing! We enjoyed our weekend. Room 9, from Liverpool.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JohnM1948
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Both my husband and myself had a lovely relaxing break of 3 nights at the Sunningdale, both Judy and David the owners are first class . The entire hotel is decorated to a very high standard its is very, very clean throughout. We had a lovely room number 11 and the bed was very comfortable, we had a lovely large bathroom with a shower, the rooms are of a high standard. The breakfasts were lovely and lots of choices from a menu which we booked on arrival, cooked to perfection. We will be back, to this Hotel at the first available opportunity. Judy and David are very friendly people doing an excellent job.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

I spent two nights at the Sunningdale at the end of August, and it was perfect. The room was extremely clean, with complimentary toiletries and coffee and tea making facilities (free refills - sugar, coffee, tea bags - just outside our door!). Breakfast was good, with a wide selection of fruit and cereals, coffee, tea, milk, juices, toast with jam/marmalade and cooked food to be ordered the night before. The owners David and Judy were extremely friendly and made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived. The location was very good, just a short walk (20-25 minutes) from the train station and the town centre, and 10 minutes from North Bay. Scarborough Castle is near, too. All in all a fantastic stay, I would recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends