1,089 results
All reviewsrecommend sthospitality traynothing is too much troublebiscuitson arrivallovely couplewarm welcomefresh fruitperfect hostsb and bfull englishrooms are spotlessly cleanlittle touchespeasholm parkcooked breakfasthome from homecooked to perfection
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I have stayed in Scarborough hotels/guest houses several times last year or so, but the service at St Michaels deserves special mention & will doubtless bring many repeat customers including myself

I echo the previous reviews about the excellent initial welcome, and the friendly service. My room was normal Scarborough guest house size but substantial effort had been made to make it as comfortable as possible. It was spotlessly clean, comfortable, with a good quality tv, complimentary wi-fi offered on arrival

As a regular to the area I did not need much assistance but I witnessed Jan/Ed helping many others which for me is what differentiates a guest house to a national hotel chain. Special mention for the breakfast.....not only the selection which was superb, but also for the quality of the cooked items

Only problem with so many good reviews is it can be hard to make a reservation !!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Stayed one night and from entering the guest house, Jan and Ed were very welcoming and friendly. The room was lovely, very clean and very well provided for all those special touches, including a mini fan. The breakfast was amazing, cereal, fruit, cake, yogurt, fresh orange and the biggest breakfast I have seen, all freshly cooked to perfection.

This was a lovely one night stay and I would return certainly would recomend to family, friends etc..

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mandyjane067
Reviewed 4 August 2012

This was my first stop of my travels, I could not have been made to feel more welcome. J and greet me by asking if I would like a drink and nothing was rushed. The room was very nice light and airy. Parking was not trouble at all right outside on the street.

A big thank you to Jan and Ed for making my stay with them so great, would tell my friends and family to stay there. Everything is in walking distance, did not want to leave.

Room Tip: All rooms are of good quality
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Jan and Ed make you feel welcome without being overbearing and nothing seems to be too much trouble for them.

The welcome cup of tea was appreciated, it makes you feel at home. Even though I had booked a single room I was given a family room which was very pleasantly decorated, spotlessly clean and the bed was very comfortable. With a double bed and a bunk bed it wasn't overly spacious but it's unlikely you would want to be spending all day in the room anyway.

The wi-fi (always important for me) is fast and reliable.

The breakfast is legendary and it is enough to see you through the day.

All in all a great place to stay, exceptional value for money and one of those rare places I would stay at again.

The location is good, just a five minute stroll from North Bay and about a 10-15 minute stroll from the town centre.

Parking is on the street and there is a parking disc scheme with three hours free parking after 09:00 Mon - Sat and after 12:00 Sunday. This may be a problem if you are staying for a few days as you would need to relocate your car after the three hours.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Jan M, Owner at St Michael's Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

Thank you for all your lovely comments, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, but we would just like to clarify that when guests stay with us free parking permits are issued for the length of the stay so the car can stay parked there for the length of the stay if the guest so wishes.
Thanks again Ed and Jan

Reviewed 1 August 2012

We only had chance to stay for one night with my better half, it was flawless from start to finish.
Jan & Ed are as many have said the perfect hosts, rooms perfect for surroundings, breakfast exceptional & puts many hotels with twice the price tag too shame, i could ramble on longer but the perfect stay, we will be back Lee & Coll.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple