“short break”

Ranked #2 of 182 Scarborough B&B and Inns
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“short break”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

just spent 2 nights there march 25 and 26 ,what a wonderful bed and breakfast , jan and ed are so easy to get on with , every thing about the place is perfection,so clean and well kept,this is how to run a bed and breakfast,you will not get any better in scarborough or anywere else on the east coast,and the breakfast was fantastic and lots of it, i can see why they are no 1 and deserve to be.

1 Thank barrydykes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Just got back from a fantastic weekend at Jan and Eds wonderful Bed and Breakfast in Scarborough.

My wife and our friends Barry and Romayne regularly visit various destinations around the country on the eve of our anniversaries, and we have found that St. Michaels are well deserved of their #1 tripadvisor rating.

St. Michaels is a victorian terraced house, situated not too far from the seafront, and not too far from the town, and it is easy to get to both. Convenience stores, local parks, and amenities are also not far away.

We found the rooms extremely pleasant, airy, and comfortable. The linen was very clean and changed everyday, and the tea/coffee/ biscuits were replenished daily, and the en-suite shower room / wc was very, very clean and well replenished, with very clean towels available.

So comfortable and relaxed were these rooms, that I had no difficulty in getting a good nights sleep (which I seldom do whilst away).

Breakfast was a pleasant, if not an eye-popping surprise. There is no scrimping on breakfast at St. MIchaels. The food was very well prepared, cooked and served by Ed and Jan, and is top notch. You will find it difficult to beat this, and you would be probably stuffed until gone tea-time, (like we were!). There is a fresh (and I mean fresh) fruit selection, yoghurts, cereals, fruit juices, Full English (literally), its all there. You would be hard pressed to find a selection as good as this at a Hotel, let alone a B&B.

It is very obvious that Jan and Ed work hard to make you feel very welcome indeed ,and that you are treated like part of their family. At the end of our stay, we did indeed leave with a heavy heart, and wished we could've stayed longer.

The prices for the accomodation are more than reasonable for what you would expect from a coastal resort, and I would VERY HIGHLY RECOMMEND this B&B to anyone wishing to stay in Scarborough. But don't take my word for it, try St. MIchaels for yourself. I am sure you would be pleasantly surprised. All previous reviews on this B&B say it all really, and as others have said, we will definately go back again.

Jan and Ed, on behalf of all of us who stayed the weekend, Thank you very much for your excellent hospitality and welcome, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Thank You.

Room Tip: We were in Room 1 on the first floor of the buiding at the rear, and found this room nice and quiet...
1 Thank PUFC-QPR
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We have just returned from spending a week at what we can only describe as perfection in every sense of the word.from the very start to the very finish of our stay,Jan and ed were the ultimate hosts.if you want to see how a guest house should be run then look no further.ed,s breakfast i would imagine have squires legendary status.i would describe them as being a "feast for the eyes(and stomach!!),seriously if you intend to stay in Scarborough then i will echo the views of another reviewer "look no further" this guest house is the bees knees.thanks once again ed and Jan,look forward to seeing you again soon,god bless,Richard and sue(Bolsover)

2 Thank bolsover2
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2013

My Wife and I recently spent a night at St Michael's whilst celebrating my birthday in Scarborough.

Jan & Ed who run St Michael's could not have been more helpful and friendly and the stay was a most enjoyable one. I even found a happy birthday banner and birthday card awaiting me at breakfast in the morning!

Lovely little B&B which is great value for money.

Stockton-on-Tees, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Yet another brilliant week-end stay with jan & ed. everything was just perfect I would totally recommend a stay here to everyone. So what are you waiting for , go to the best b & b in Scarborough , the welcome & friendliness is second to non , the rooms are always spotless , and the breakfast is out of this world

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last night, sadly only for 1 night. From the moment we arrived Jan made us feel right at home. Our room was spotlessly clean and had absolutely everything one could need. The breakfast was AMAZING and Ed & Jan are such lovely people. So friendly & accommodating. I would recommend this b&b to anyone. The price Is an absolute bargain. My fiancé actually said he felt like we'd not paid enough for the excellent service we received. Keep up the tremendous work Jan & Ed

1 Thank Nursie11
Darwen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I stayed on the night of Friday 8th March and loved every minute of my stay. Jan & Ed were so warm and welcoming on my arrival, they are a lovely, friendly couple. The room was immaculate, the cleanest B&B i've ever stayed in. The breakfast was amazing and had everything you could possibly want. There was that much I didn't even have to worry about getting lunch. On arrival I was offered a beer which certainly went down well after a long drive and day at work. If your staying or working away in the area, this is the place to stay. When i'm next in Scarborough, I wouldn't stay anywhere else. I was here for work, but would certainly bring my young family or partner to stay. Supurb value for money as well. Many thanks, Dan

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business