2,477 results
All reviews sea view hotel is in a great location sea front town centre tea and coffee short break the cliff plenty of choice yogurt ncp seafront seaside bay
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We've now stayed at this Travelodge on around 4 or 5 occasions - just about to book up again and thought 'oh I'll write a review for this one'.
Location - superb - great views in most of the rooms out over the lovely North Sea.
Rooms - larger rooms than usual as it's an old Victorian building - nice and light too.
Value for money - spot on - we stayed for Easter weekend 2013 and the stay for 3 nights was a smidge over £100.00 - EXCELLENT!!
Cleanliness - excellent as with most Travelodges.
Staff are friendly and efficient too. There is a small bar area and internet access too.
Parking - tricky to get parked outside of the hotel, but if you ask they will give you a discount card for a car park about a good 5 minute walk away.
The lodge has been going through a makeover for the past couple of years and does need this, but hey, the rooms and reception are fine.
All in all highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view - most of them have this so you should be ok.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2013

You get what you pay for in life and this hotel is no exception.
It is in a great location, near the sea and handy for town.
The rate we paid was £4o per room and was good value at this price.
The room was basic, but spotlessly clean and had all the facilities you would expect from a travelodge. The staff were friendly and helpful and made our stay enjoyable

I think that it was great value and would not hesitate to stay there again.

As regards Scarborough, it needs a good clean as there are seagul droppings everywhere! There appears to be no attempt to clean or wash the streets and pavements and as a consequence the smell and build up of dropping is unacceptable,-.
Overall good vacation in a very dirty old town that has seen much better days

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John46C
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in July 2013. The hotel is going through a make over - which we were told about on arrival. We were greeted by a friendly receptionist and the reception area was clean, tidy and airy. When we got to the room we weren't disappointed - nor were we overjoyed. It was pretty much what we had expected. There was somewhere to hang clothes, a desk type unit, tea and coffee making facility (with plenty of tea bags, coffee and milk) and a t.v. The bed was clean and had obviously just been changed - although the mattress was somewhat uncomfortable the first night. The bathroom was clean and well stocked with clean towels. I would recommend taking your own towels as the one's provided were rather rough. There was no luxury in the hotel - but at such a cheap price I'm not surprised. The location is fantastic (although we had a bit of trouble finding it to begin with). It's a short walk into town where there are plenty of pubs and restaurants. It is also a quick walk onto the sea front. The restaurant was ok - the food came quickly and the service was second to none. I didn't enjoy my meal (Lasagne) but that is because it was made with green pesto pasta rather than the normal type - so it was too posh for me. I would definitely go back and would recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap break, in a central location in Scarborough.

Room Tip: Being a seaside town - expect to be kept awake by seagulls
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

Firstly let me say I stopped there previously for one night and it was hell but the manager said its getting a full make over ever room in hotel ready for summer 2013 so before booking I rang travelodge and asked if its had its make over I got told half the hotel was done so on that basis I booked 3 nights there and what a BIG mistake it was!!! 2 days before check in I rang hotel and asked for a refurb room I got told they will see on the day off check in and would make a note on my booking!! We arrived at hotel to be greeted by a five foot poster saying hotel is GOING to be having a full make over!! I asked at check in point if we could have are request of a new refurbed room got told sorry none off the refurb is due to start till aug and no rooms have been done!! So as you gather been lied to by call centre and hotel staff! Anyhow we decided not to stay and asked for a full refund but as it was 3pm no refund was available as full refunds need to be done by 12 noon! What a joke! So as I didn't want to pay again for another hotel I got told that the room allocated was one off the best! So we went up to room we was in the Attic the room was boiling with only one window that opened about 2 inches also no pillow cases or towels and that was blamed on a delivery not arriving I went back down to reception got told they was full and no room to swap to so I asked for a fan got told the hotel doesn't provided them so went and bought one never slept a wink due to the heat and the seagulls had a nest right outside our window the next morning went down to reception asked for another room got told one has become available from 3pm so we took it opened the door of the new room to be greated by a wall full off damp and seagul poo over every window and the room had a musty smell to it!!!room service there was none the entire stay we had no fresh towels nor did they top up the teas and coffees and didn't make the bed this hotel I would not recommend to no one not even for one night!!! They lied to get me there then put me in 2 rooms that wasn't fit for purpose and then on checkout said come back soon not a chance! Official letter of complaint going in!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I stayed here last October for my birthday weekend. I usually book a cottage but figured I would stay more central.
The hotel is very central, just a short walk to town and super cheap. That is the only thing that it has going for it.
I am sure back in the day the hotel was quite nice but it is so rundown and grubby that its hard to picture it in its glory days.
Our room was at the front of the hotel and it was fairly clean, the bedding was ok but it just seemed grimy. The floors were dirty and the bathroom was damp.
The room was freezing and the windows rattled all night due to wind.
The whole place needs a thorough clean and refurb.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends