2,413 results
All reviewssea viewhotel is in a great locationsea fronttown centretea and coffeeshort breakthe cliffyogurtncpseafrontseasidebay
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We decided on a whim to spend a night in scarboro' and as this was available, good location and cheap we chose this. We paid, saw the room and promptly checked out again. The room smelt really bad, had black marks in the bath and dirty carpets. I expected it to be more basic than what we would normally stay in but wasn't prepared for this. More like a prison cell than hotel. At least the receptionist gave me my money back immediately without even questioning my decision to leave, at a guess it happens regularly...

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen J
Reviewed 25 July 2013

It may be cheap but it certainly was not cheerful. Room 108 was dark,hot,no privacy fromwindows overlooking our room .Outside looking through the filthy windows was a view of stagnant water on a flat roof which had been used to dump old bottles,cans and even a nappy bag.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

This was without a doubt the worst hotel we have ever been to. To begin with all parking is pay & display in the centre of Scarborough (hence we ended up parking a long way away from the hotel). The first room we were shown to was discusting, it smelt of mould, was boiling hot, with no air conditioning, fan or even a window that opened (NOT an option during the summer heat wave and being 34 weeks pregnant). Needless to say we asked for another room, and were shown to one with windows that opened approximately 2inches outwards (apparently due to people threatening to jump out of them - I'm not surprised staying in this place- & because of the risks of seagulls flying into the rooms). Which takes me onto the noise- albeit the window opened, onto a concrete forecourt (see picture) which had approximately 40 seagulls underneath the 'bird net' who proceeded to chirp inscessently. The bed was lumpy & had a strange smell, there was tea & coffee but no cups or kettle, the whole room was foul & depressing. We checked in and within an hour checked out. The girl on the desk was unsympathetic and rude, and never were we apologised to until I spoke to the manager the following day, who has given us a voucher for another stay at a travel lodge- something we will NEVER be using. I cannot believe there are hotels rated lower than this in the country let alone in Scarborough, I dread to think..... Don't stay here!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I would recommend this hotel. It was quite impressing that the room was tidy and nice. The washroom in our room comes with a big window and it looks bright and clean. However, the water pressure of the shower is very weak and the water is not hot enough.

The seagulls were really noisy at midnight (I think this is common in Scarborough).

The hotel is quite close to the main street (5-10 mins walk) so you can do some shopping and have a meal easily. It takes 15-20 mins to Tesco.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2013

OK, maybe it was the room we stayed it. However, the sliding window did not close properly, there was a two inch gap under the door, there was no remote control - the staff said they would have to take one from another room - the window we had looked over a dirty roof and a corridor. The noise from the seagulls who perched only feet away from the window was constant - all night. I know that isn't the hotels fault, it just added to our frustration. It was quite cheap, but I wont be staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple