“Ok for the price”

Travelodge Scarborough St Nicholas Hotel
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed here with my husband and 2 young children in a family room for one night. There was only 1 working lift which was too small for our pushchair which wasn't great. Overall our experience was good but I was very disappointed with the breakfast we paid for. The hot food ran out quicker than it was being brought out which meant there was a huge queue. I was in the restaurant for 30 minutes before I was able to eat any hot food. By the time I got to the front of the queue the food had again all gone so I had to wait for more to be brought out. It's not worth the money and I would advise others not to bother with breakfast in this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Had a bad experience in this lodge a year ago, but had to stay there last week
Bedrooms are a lot cleaner
Lift still not working
Broken mirror on stairs has been removed
However went to buy a meal from cafe bar , told credit card machine was not working only accepting cash , found twelve pound to pay for burger platter , it was so hard the rolls and burgers
Could have been used as sea defences ,

Room Tip: Ask for a front room , there are a lot of stairs to this lodge beware
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights, the room was basic but very nice, staff were very helpful, really there is nothing to complain about, you can't expect a 5 star experience in a £25 per room per night hotel. If you only want a short stay basic room I would defiantly recommend. Only downside is the drinks at the bar were expensive. Gets a thumbs up from me.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Glynn831
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My wife and I have just stayed here for 2 nights. The location of the hotel is excellent being close to the promenade albeit down the cliff via a footpath. The hotel had a previous life as The St Nicholas Hotel and has been refitted not very well electric cable in conduits around the walls in the room. The reception is very bland and bare not very nice to sit round in an evening. One of the lifts was out of order throughout our stay putting pressure on the other lift. The room was spacious but again very basic the only storage was a hanging rail and a shelf don't know what you would do if you stayed for any length of time the bathroom was very good shower nice and hot. The parking outside the hotel is only short stay (3hrs max) I had to park about half a mile away. The breakfast room is again very basic but the breakfast was very good. I have stayed in a number of Travelodge hotels around the country and I have to say this is the worst.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Recently returned from Travelodge St Nicholas Scarborough on 3 night break. Must mention the staff here who are very friendly and helpful, especially Charlene who greeted us on arrival and then went out of her way to make sure we had a room we were happy with, and even transferred my bag herself (which I'd left in previous room). So nice to meet smiling faces and good service these days. Hotel was as expected of Travelodge and our room clean and warm, important as hotel is on cliff top of South Bay, in excellent position for sea front and main town centre. All in all, excellent value for money.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I was under the impression that Travelodge has completed a makeover of its premises. If it has, then this must have been forgotten or should have been warned not completed. The beds were very uncomfortable, the pillows were so flat that we needed 3 to make them comfortable the outside looked very tired and the noise from people in the corrider was very noisy. The Cafe area was canteen style. We had the breakfast option and the food was good but basic options.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank Peter S
Reviewed 13 March 2014

excellent location, lovely view of The Grand hotel, staff friendly, welcoming and helpful. Only complaint was not enough pillows and bed not as comfy as usual Travelodge; I know I could have asked for pillows but we were busy being tourists.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge