“fab place to stay”

Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
Durham, United Kingdom
“fab place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

really grate place to stay close to the town and the sea front. grate views from the sea view windows. the staff are friendly and welcoming couldn't to anymore to help.,grate food will be back soon.
welldone

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
Bradford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I booked our room well in advance on a Saver Deal, I thought 34.00 for the night was a fair price. I am now pleased that I didn't pay more and wish I had paid less. Having previously stayed in the Meadow Hall Travelodge, with a lovely clean airy room and very comfortable bed I was confident that this would be a bargain. How wrong, the room was clean, but I spent the night with springs digging into my back and a room which was too warm. I tried leaving the window open but had to close it due to the seagulls roosting on the roof opposite, (no one's fault there I acknowledge). We looked out onto a dirty flat roof, covered in pigeons and their droppings, not healthy I don't think. The bathroom had a towel which had obviously been used by a previous occupant. The whole building looks tired. We didn't eat there so I am unable to comment on the service, other than to say the reception staff were very friendly. Overall, we were disappointed and would not be considering staying in this Travelodge again.

Room Tip: Check out if the rooms / Travelodge has been refurbished before booking.
3 Thank Jud37
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge Scarborough St Nicholas Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
We are sorry to learn of your disappointment Jud37. Our mattresses will be checked and turned on a regular basis so it is regrettable to learn you found your bed was uncomfortable. We also require our guests to have fresh and clean towels and linen in every room. We would like to further understand the issues you have highlighted to find a resolution. Please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to provide us with more details and when doing so please specify you have left a TripAdvisor review.

Travellers are raving about these Scarborough hotels

UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I was booked in for two nights 25/6/14 to 26/6/14 but only stayed one so I am writing this review at home when I should be spending the second night in the hotel. My room was clean but was tucked away at the rear of the hotel. It was quite depressing room and far to warm it was difficult to sleep.

The food was awful and grossly over priced I had the fish & chips the fish looked like it was cheap and frozen it was also burnt and dry as if it had been cooked in a oven. The Breakfast was saved by the sausage the scrambled egg and Bacon was not the best.

I had paid for the two nights with meals so I did not leave lightly but it was such a depressing stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank carl7Uk
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Just stayed for 2 nights, the whole place smells damp, the rooms are dirty & dusty, the windows are covered in bird poo, the pigeon nets are all ripped. Breakfast was horrid, with powered scrambled eggs, mugs on tables unclean.
Then there's a big sign 'wear your pyjamas in the bar or for breakfast' as run down & dirty as this place was, seeing somebody at the bar in their pyjamas, just about sums it up.

Room Tip: Stay in the B&B 2 doors along.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge Scarborough St Nicholas Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for your review Ruby2008095. Our housekeeping team are trained on ensuring all of our rooms are clean and fresh so it is regrettable to learn this was not the case. Our Bar Café staff are also fully trained on ensuring our food is up to great standards. We’d like to be able to contact you to find a resolution. In order for us to do this please could you visit our website and use the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.
Genoa, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

A lovely warm welcome from staff obviously contending with the deficiencies of a hotel about to be refurbished! Great location a few mins from the beach. Once refurbed will be an excellent value for money place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

stayed at this travelodge for a few days my husband and I - Good choice we felt we made - the staff are all so friendly and helpful - the room clean and tidy, breakfast very good choice of food fantastic! 10/10
Mattresses just need to be a bit more softer - just a little on the hard side for me. Location brilliant close to shops, restaurants, beach - just everything on hand what you need. 10/10

Grimsby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Central, All you need for a cheap value for money stay (we took advantage of a Sunday Night Offer @ £17.00 per room) Breakfast good, rooms a little on the warm side, overall great stay. Parking at NCP carpark £6.50 for 24 hours few mins walk away (North Street)

1 Thank Bennett57